Do you believe in God? Anything after death?

Originally posted by gonaads
That is an interesting point of view... unfortunately it is tainted with you religious beliefs. I have and never will have anything whatsoever against anyones beliefs. But to really have an objective outlook on this topic is hard to do. One one side you have the people that do not believe in any type of God or Supreme Being... on the other side there are the people that beieve in a god but a god of their own religious making.

ZAnwar, you say as to the way that you have been raised and taught, that the sect that you are a part of is the one to go to heaven (if there is such a place). What about those that are a part of the other sects??? Arn't they going to say the same thing... that they are the ones to go the heaven???

Plus all mass Religion has their fanatical following, the ones that are so self richious about the Religion they practice that anyone else is a heithin or evil or a demonic worshiper. And yes there are some that their Religion is the worshop of the Devil/Satan/The Evil One, etc... They, the fanatics will destroy, persecute and kill others in the name of their religious beliefs. No Religion... NOT ONE depicts the killing of another human being because of them not believing. All religions depict harmony, love of one another, peace and understanding, living in tranquillity, being kind to each other, sharing, and so on. So how is it that those people... those fanatics can say that they are the chosen few to enter into heaven. Kinda doesn't make sence, especially if their religious writing that they follow so well does not say that. Religion is all intepetation and it is interpeted by Humans. And we all know that we all make mistakes and that we alway see thing to our on advantage. So is the way religion is followed by all these different people being followed correctly??? Again, it is all interpetation. The Religious Leaders are the ones that create policy for it to be followed. But they are Human, not God like or anything else... Some would now argue that this is not true that they are above all the rest. But they are Human with all the weaknessess of being a Human. NO ONE IS PERFECT... NO ONE.

Now, who's to say the Heaven and Hell are not here... Meaning that this world, our lives as we live them are Heaven and Hell respectively. The way you live your life is your own Heaven or Hell. Hmmmmmm... Interesting isn't it. And then when you die that's it, party's over, check out time. Or that maybe we do have a soul, an entity within each and every one of us that at the point of death/dieing it is then recycled into another newly born person... The ultimate in recycling.

In all religions of any kind they always speak of a Heaven and a Hell, in one form or another. Heaven is bliss and Hell is suffering and pain. Our lives are sometimes bliss and sometimes sufferiong and pain.

Soooooo???

Don't you ever wonder, why we are here? It is because it is a test, the people on the right path will go to heaven and the people on the wrong path will go to hell. Suffering is what you have here is so you can really feel it in hell, people who do bad things of course suffer, people who do good things of course get a reward. Who do you think has a better chance of going to heaven, a rich man who never prayed in his life, or a poverty ridden man who prayed every day. Of course it is the poor man, it doesn't matter how good your status, what matters is with what intentions you lived life!!!!!!!

this thread is going down hill fast.

ok...if there is a god, then everybody talks to him.

and and if there is a god, then you zanwar don't get to speak on his behalf...ha...he speaks on his own behalf...no one, and no organization...not through anyone...and that is the period.

he is not so weak as to not be able to listen to all of his creation...

it's insecure religions that try to scare the mass into it's fold, by challenging gods ability to let anyone he wants into his cover.

any religion that thinks it can tell god who to allow, and who not to allow, is not speaking on gods behalf...thie religion is speaking on the counter to gods behalf

and this is the big flaw of religion, and why I can say it is bad...they all suppose that they can speak on gods behalf.

as if

Originally posted by ZAnwar
Who do you think has a better chance of going to heaven, a rich man who never prayed in his life, or a poverty ridden man who prayed every day. Of course it is the poor man, it doesn't matter how good your status, what matters is with what intentions you lived life!!!!!!!

Small problem with that... What if the Rich man was god and kind and thoughtful to all people but he just didn't pray??? And the poverty riddened man was bad, had anger toward everyone, did bad things to people maybe even evil things even though he prayed. Do you think a man such as that poverty stricken man should go to Heaven? :huh:

Now don't say that a man that prays every day would not do such things because they do. And doing bad is BAD plain and simple. And no amount of praying is going to take away doing bad or evil things.

Originally posted by dealer
this thread is going down hill fast.

ok...if there is a god, then everybody talks to him.

and and if there is a god, then you zanwar don't get to speak on his behalf...ha...he speaks on his own behalf...no one, and no organization...not through anyone...and that is the period.

he is not so weak as to not be able to listen to all of his creation...

it's insecure religions that try to scare the mass into it's fold, by challenging gods ability to let anyone he wants into his cover.

any religion that thinks it can tell god who to allow, and who not to allow, is not speaking on gods behalf...thie religion is speaking on the counter to gods behalf

and this is the big flaw of religion, and why I can say it is bad...they all suppose that they can speak on gods behalf.

as if

THANK YOU. :happy: :cool:

Live your life, believe in what you will and be good and kind to all you can... That's plain enough. And I don't need anyone to tell me to. You do it because it is the rite thing to do, the good and decent thing to do.

Everybody who is a non-muslim or non-believer will go to hell, that is the end!

Damn, now that's closed-minded.

But, if that's what you believe, more power to you. If that is in fact truth, well sucks to be me and a whole s)-(!tload of other peoples. But when it turns out there is no god, allah, buddha, jesus christ on a motor scooter (sorry had to incorporate that Butthole Surfers line in there....) you will have wasted your life believing in a nonexistent and violent god, which would actually just translate to a violent people.....

Small problem with that... What if the Rich man was god and kind and thoughtful to all people but he just didn't pray??? And the poverty riddened man was bad, had anger toward everyone, did bad things to people maybe even evil things even though he prayed. Do you think a man such as that poverty stricken man should go to Heaven? :huh:

Now don't say that a man that prays every day would not do such things because they do. And doing bad is BAD plain and simple. And no amount of praying is going to take away doing bad or evil things.

That's right. What if the rich man never prayed, but, he was kind. He loved and helped others despite him being rich, and his wealth did not corrupt him. That is quite an achievement, not to be corrputed by money.

And what if the poor praying man, what if that is all he did, pray? With no actions to prove his words.

Words are worthless unless you do something to prove them.

Originally posted by ZAnwar
Everybody who is a non-muslim or non-believer will go to hell, that is the end!

I believe that is shallow. What if you have good Buddist friends, good Hindu friends, Good Christian friends, good tribal friends, good atheist friends, and maybe some of them you're going to love...what's the point if they are all going to hell anyway?

Or is that a limitation then, only to have close friends that follow your religion?

I don't approve of that.

I'm non-Muslim, and I develop a cure for AIDS/HIV, that is efficent, no or little side effects, and everyone can get it! Hell, I give it out to the third would countries, and save millions of people.

Oh and I'm still going to hell...guess my life isn't worth it then, nothing I do matters.

I realize this has come down to questioning each other's view points. Nothing wrong with that, unless we start being offensive or flaming. Please do not. Otherwise, it gets closed, and this is an interesting thread.

Woohooo!

Mom where going to hell!

what should i bring, what should i bring?!?!?!

can i talk to uncle satan , oh please oh please oh please!!!

sorry about that, this thread makes me wanna shoot a large crowd of people and then myself.

The creator says this thread has outlived it's useful purpose.

Time for spaaaaammmm!

ive read through this entire thread and the one point i did not see is this how can my theory be right and MILLIONS of others theorys on religion be wrong?

i was raised going to church(free will baptist) until my mid teens then i quit going after i realized i didnt even enjoy it.

im not religious at all now but i have my own religion its called "the jamie's do whatever makes you happy religion"

i feel like whatever you do that makes you happy and you feel its right to you do it. dont worry if other people like what you do or not.

its like this you only live once and then thats it. i cant be happy practicing and trying to live by a gods rule doing what makes "Him" happy instead of making myself happy. but if living that way REALLY and TRULY makes you happy then by all means do it.

i have tried for the last ten years to believe in god and for whatever reason my mind will not let me believe whatsoever.
maybe i am insane or the believeability section of my brain is whacked. i have to have concrete proof of anything before i will believe.

i do believe in science i think mankind, animals and all organisms came to be by the theory of adaptation evolution which basically is that humans and animals adapt to current living situations.

evolution has been proven in animals for example i read a study about a certain kind of moth that was white and they lived around a coal mine or something and some of them got the soot on them and became black, well the white ones were easier to be seen than the black ones cause the black ones were able to blend into their surroundings so after a period of time the offspring of the white moths were born black because the predators were eating up the white ones.

so if animals can evolve then mankind surely must!!

but i go back to what i said originally how can me one little person on the earth be right and the millions of other people that may be smarter, more intelligent , richer, more open minded, less open minded be right????

or is it all just a matter of opinion?

Originally posted by Nick M
Thread now officially hijacked. Please stay seated and enjoy the ride

Ride is over... To make the notion of if there is or is not God and an After Life is still as confusing as ever.

THREAD IS NOW CLOSED... GONE OUT OF BUSINESS

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND... OPEN AGAIN FOR BUSINESS

Continue to post your thoughts on this topic...

Was closed due to maintenance... the fat has been trimed. :cool:

wonder, do you believe in God? Why? Why not?

Or...what do you believe happens after you die?

Please, please, don't flame/argue with other people's opinions. I really would like this to be a good, quality thread, not something that is going to get closed.

Thank you!

- Nick

PLEASE adhere to the statements by the thread starter... if you have an opinion express it... argue it if you must but please refrain from anything that can be construed as possibly leading to flaming (i.e. you will all go to hell because you don't believe what I do)

:)

lets keep this clean lads... it was interesting before...

btw.. thanks gonaads...

Originally posted by Sazar
(i.e. you will all go to hell because you don't believe what I do)

I'm going to Hell...Ooooh boy :eek: :happy: Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

What is to oldest known Religion that exists??? Who came up with the first version of a God???

And could all other Religions have sprouted/branched off from THAT first Religion???

I'm going to Hell...Ooooh boy :eek: :happy: Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

What is to oldest known Religion that exists??? Who came up with the first version of a God???

And could all other Religions have sprouted/branched off from THAT first Religion???

:) was an example...

btw concerning your questions... I supose the first RELIGION per se would have to have been that of cave men from way far back... their drawings and the altars for giving were obviously for a deity of some kind that they believed in...

also if you do a study of many religions there are common elements in all thereby it can be deduced that all people are looking for similar things in their lives to believe in et al :)

since we do not have written word on what the first 'religions' were therefore it is hard to put a name to it.. but it is known that the mother figure was a prominent 'statue' hence perhaps the earth itself was worshipped... :)

would make a very logical argument as so much is nurtured and provided for my the earth itself...

My ancestors be it Native American or Mexican Natives all worshiped the Earth, Wind and sky in one form or another. What gives life to us all. It wasn't till exploration and conquest of my ancestors that they actually believed or were forced to believe in a Cristian derived God.

Spaniards... don't ya just luv'em :mad: :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back