Do you believe in God? Anything after death?

Originally posted by dealer
well, we agree, this is what religion is based on...because religion is bad, does not mean the basis is flawed though

I never said religion is bad... though that may be implied and I am sorry if it is :)

I am not biased against it... nor am i for it either...

but again I am expressing my sole opinions here :)

if there isnt...

if there isnt a god, (which there is of course) how did we end up on earth. how are there is no scientific evidence of strange happenings? and how was everythign else in exestence come around. and heres one too, if there isnt a god then there would be no chicken or egg no matter since we cant tell which one came first!

Originally posted by Sazar
I never said religion is bad... though that may be implied and I am sorry if it is :)

but again I am expressing my sole opinions here :)

ha...you can't have a sole opinion...you don't have a soul...

lol

just kidding...it was an easy shot

Originally posted by almostfamous88

im surprised a lot of people said no, i hope that they are kidding or something like that...

Nope, I'm not kidding.

Originally posted by almostfamous88

im surprised a lot of people said no, i hope that they are kidding or something like that...

I'm not kidding .... I really don't believe in God and as I said before I've never been to church and I never got married in one.

Re: if there isnt...

Originally posted by themafia_69
if there isnt a god, (which there is of course) how did we end up on earth. how are there is no scientific evidence of strange happenings? and how was everythign else in exestence come around. and heres one too, if there isnt a god then there would be no chicken or egg no matter since we cant tell which one came first!

remember when those scientists found that piece of rock from mars up in antartica and it has some kind of bacteria or something on it? I don't know if this goes for every religion but wasn't there some kind of biblical happenings that made our "god come into being? how could something from another planet have the same god as we? especialy since some of the planets date way back b4 ours?

Originally posted by dealer
ha...you can't have a sole opinion...you don't have a soul...

lol

just kidding...it was an easy shot

ohhh that was cold like an ice cube! :D

Soooo Sazar if I died on the operating table and was dead for... say... 10mins. and then I was revived/brought back to life. You say that I'm still dead??? and not alive any more??? :confused: :confused:

Despite the best intentions of my parent in trying to bring me up in the Christian faith I do not believe in their God or anyone elses.

I'ld like to but I would just end up feeling cheated. Too much bad stuff happens & I just cannot reconcile this against the caring figure that modern religion wants us to accept.

Mubbers

DISCLAIMER: The views stated in this post are my own. I am in no way attacking anyone or their beliefs, I am simply stating my own. It is not my goal to offend, though it seems fairly certain I will.

The idea of some unseen supreme being just does not sit with me. There's forces out there that I cannot even begin to comprehend, but there is no god. gods are something that we, as humans, created thousands of years ago in an effort to explain the things we could not understand (i.e. lightning, volcanic eruptions, stars). Even today, there's tons we as humans do not understand, things on our own planet as well as the vast universe, but this in now way means there is a god, rather it means we just have more to learn. god as we know him/her/it or whatever is a product of organized religion, a tool that was used for centuries to spread fear to the common man in order to bend his/her will and make him/her do things (or not) for fear that they will go to "hell." god, is also the core of much of the worlds troubles today. Look at our current situation, like it or not, beleive it or not, the world is currently divided and abount to erupt into war over what? Allah is badder than Jesus? Allah says kill the Christians?? The bible says the Jews should have destroyed all Arabs or they would be a thorn in the side of Jews forever? It's all crap, but it doesn't change the fact that most likely, the name of god (no matter what name it is called by) will kill us all (except for the select few who push the buttons in the name of a god and bring death and destruction from their safe/secure underground bunkers).

Anyway, as for "anything after death," I think it has been proven that there is the possibility for something after death. Life after death? I don't know, but something can and does happen. Perhaps this is just a "flaw" in the matrix of time and sometimes things bleed through from a past or future time, or maybe all the energy that our bodies create while we are living is sometimes so strong that we exist in the form of electrical energy until we finally run out of gas....who knows?

I don't want to offend nobody either but I have to say what I believe!!!!!!!

I was born in the UK, a muslim. My parents told me to worship God, obey and think good thoughts. I am 15 and still I think it is my duty to believen in God as Islam is a monotheistic (monotheistic= believing in one true god) religion like Christianity and Judaism. What I don't get is (people don't be offended), how can you not believe in God! Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the world? There has to be a God or why will people convert to Islam where we believe there is one true God. The world started off with 2 religions, Christianity and Judaism. The Jews were first Allah's (my God (Allah= God in Arabic)) people. We (muslims) didn't exist then. When the Jews started disobeying Allah, like gambling, drinking Alcohol, committing Adultery, comparing objects to God etc, Allah put them in a severe problem. This problem was that as they were no longer Allah's people, their destiny was hell, same as the Christians. Then the muslims came and they were the chosen people who would eventually enter Paradise (Heaven).

There are 72 sects in Christianity and 73 sects in Islam. In Islam out of the 73 sects, there is one that will go to heaven, that sect will obey God and follow the teachings of the Prophet Mohammad. Right now, the sect I believe in ('Sunni') will be the only sect to enter paradise. This is all true, you can find this info, in the Torah, the First Bible (the unchanged one) and of course the Quran. Every religion is from Allah, and every religion will go to hell unless it is Islam.

After Death:

I believe that every non-believer (kaffir), this can be a hindu, Buddha, anyone that does not believe in Allah will go to hell. Only Muslims will stay for a short while, it says in the Quran that every muslim will go to hell to get a taste of what the non-believers will get for eternity. Only the deserving will go to Heaven eventually!!!!!

See Zanwar, I don't blame you for knowing what you know. Appearently you know your religon, I have respect for that, whether I believe in it or not.

" This problem was that as they were no longer Allah's people, their destiny was hell, same as the Christians "

I'm just asking, you believe anyone that isn't Muslim will go to hell?

That's one thing I dislike about religion. I mean, not to what you say, but, it's really not fair to my views, that someone that isn't your religion, has to go to hell, according to your view.

That's how things start in between people.

Differences in religion. Once religion says Christians will go to hell, Christian relgion says only certain people will go to hell, so they try to convert and you get a war... :(

Thats the reason why there are so many religions in the world, if you don't like 'em, make yor own one!

I know, that's why there are various religions sects, but, I don't believe that to be religion. That's taking religion, modifying it yourself, and making it as if God said so.

My 2 cents on it anyway.

Don't believe in god, have no reason to do so.
And i can explain why (not to try and convert anyone, just to give a second prospective).
In my opinion, "God" started (was invented by people) as a way of explaining things, it was impossible to explain simple phenomenons, even things like rain (that today has scientific explanations today) where unexplainable.
Something had to be behind it all, and a supreme being was almost necessary.
Today god became a tradition in the good case, sometimes it is just a way to avoid thinking.
No offense to anyone.

There is still one more thing on my mind!!!!!!!

If everbodies life will come to an end eventually, we could die right now while surfing, we don't know!

But I have got the answer, Nick M, and others please don't get offended. I really mean that every non-believer will go to hell, don't say to me that I am wrong. If I was wrong, it won't be in the 4 holy books, I can only remember 3, Quran, Torah and the Bible, that every non-believer will go to hell. I am one of the luckiest people in the world, I was born a muslim and in the right sect. I will go to hell, no doubt but hopefully I will not stay there for long, I can only hope the same thing for everybody that I know. But for every non-believer, you should reconsider what you are saying, or the consequences will be very great!!!!!!!!!!

ummm, you saying i should buy some sunscreen?

kidding m8 ;)

to each his own i guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back