Derek's Upgrade Thread

Still nothing yet from newegg :(

EDIT: I know you guys are all about ZZF, but I am partial to newegg. This is the first problem I have ever had, but I guess it matters when it does happen :(

Grandmaster said:
You're deciding to build one, just for the sake of building one? Damn, I wish I had money to burn :p Have fun though.

Thats what I did and ended up getting my credit card blocked twice doing it! :D

*******************!!!!!

Here is the transcript from conversation I had with a newegg CSR shortly ago....

Derek: I know there was a problem with your order status system yesterday - is it resolved as of yet?
Peter: Yes.
Derek: I just wanted to know if my order shipped, as I ordered it yesterday morning, paid for rush processing and overnight shipping
Derek: Has everything caught up?
Peter: Let me take a look into that......one moment please.
Derek: ok
Peter: Ok it will ship out today
Derek: arrghh!!!!!
Derek: everything I ever order ships same day, the one time I pay for overnight shipping and rush processing, it ships the next day.
Derek: I know it's not your fault, but I'm VERY frustrated. I really needed this stuff today!!!!!
Peter: More than likely just the system.
Peter: i apologize for that inconvenience.
Derek: Yeah but can you confirm it is still in the warehouse? Is there a chance that it did ship, and your system just doesn't show the changes yet?
Peter: No i show it was packaged this morning.
Derek: This is very dissapointing
Derek: Can I get any type of refund/credit?
Peter: I can refund $25 for the inconvenience.
Derek: OK, that would be great
Peter: Ok once the order is invoiced then I will put in the credit request.
Derek: can I get a confirmation number for the refund or something?
Derek: or can I have a copy of this chat transcript?
Peter: You are more than welcome to copy and paste this transcript.
Derek: Will the credit go on my credit card that I used to purchase?
Peter: Yes.
Derek: How long will it take the credit to post?
Peter: after it is processed 3-5 business days.
Derek: Thing I don't understand is, if the problem was just with your order status system, how did that effect my order being processed? It was in Step 1, which means the card wasn't yet charged, until early this morning. However, my card was charged almost instantly after I placed the order yesterday
Derek: What gives on that? You can't update my order, but apparently there is no problem taking my money?
Peter: the charge was done through a separate automated system, which would transfer the information to our internal system which would show the charge.
Derek: Well as long as your money making system stays intact, that's all that really matters. I'm sorry to be rude or mean, this whole situation just really frustrates me. As I said, it's never happened except for the ONE time I REALLY needed things next day.
Derek: Thank you for your help, I'll keep an eye out for the credit to my card
Peter: Ok
Peter: At this time, all of our internal systems are currently down, and we do apologize for the inconveniences and delays this may cause. However, we would be more than happy to assist you in whichever way we can.
Peter: Hi! Thanks for contacting us. How can I help you today?
Peter: Do you have any other questions, or is there anything else I can assist you with today?

This suckss...............

Not only did I clear time today to do this, now I won't have a chance to put it together until Thursday :(

Have to love how he says "how can I help you today" at the end - really shows how on top of sh*t they are! :mad:

kcnychief said:
*******************!!!!!

Have to love how he says "how can I help you today" at the end - really shows how on top of sh*t they are! :mad:

You were far too nice to him :p

And yes the little line at the end cracked me up :D

Well I was a waiter for like 6 years, it's given me a level of compassion for this stuff. It's not the guys fault who I was talking to, although I had to remind myself that once during the conversation. He was nice, although seemed to be pretty clueless.

The refund is a little better, but still really f*cks me, as the system probably won't be 100% until the feckin weekend now. I could have had it done today.

Derek, I know how you feel. My ZALMAN 9500 came yesterday along with the Logitech receiver that I broke and I have no time to take every thing apart and put it back together. No time I want to spend anyway. Tired.

New server install at work. Replacing my global catalog server. It's been smooth so far.

Went to CompUSA and picked up the Antec P180 last night. Still in the box, but they had a display unit I could look at and it's sexier than I imagined :) While there, I also picked up a Koolance Water cooling case, but more on that later.

Rest of parts coming today, may be able to start a little tonight *crosses fingers*

All support has some cut/paste lines, he probably just had that as a standard sign-off per company policy.

Just get your stuff and hopefully everything will work fine.

What did DFI say?

DFI played dumb, (shocker), and I have sent the mobo in for diagnostics and review from those people.

Haven't had a chance to contact AMD yet - although I did try but was in a bit of a rush and their phone system was too much of a pain when I attempted it.

Also - the P180 is so amazingly sexy, I can't believe it. The reviews I read online about cable management being a nightmare, are so overstated. Every aspect of that case is phenomenal - especially the "toolbox" behind the upper hard drive rack mount.

I have some pieces in there, the beat goes on....

Kinda sucks not having a computer to use at home for the past 6 days now :(

Wow, nice case. **whistles phew**

Post some pics when its all fixed and setup. and when you borrow a camera :p

Derek is never going to post pictures. We are better off looking online at other people's pictures.

Can't wait for my stupid machine to be built.

madmatt said:
Derek is never going to post pictures. We are better off looking online at other people's pictures.

It's not my fault, I don't have a digital camera :(

I may be getting one soon though - the "other" half really wants one now especially since my best friend just had a baby :)

FINALLY got the thing finished this morning. Only had time to install XP and Office, hopefully will have time to tinker tomorrow. Also quickly threw on IE7, FileZilla, Adobe and Diskeeper, and of course McAfee

You will be happy to know, only thing on my desktop atm is the recycle bin :cool:

You spent all this money on a new rig, twice what you should have had to because of a hardware glitch and you don't have a digi? Shame, shame.

madmatt said:
You spent all this money on a new rig, twice what you should have had to because of a hardware glitch and you don't have a digi? Shame, shame.

Madmatt... PRIORITIES!!! You dont drink all the milk before eating your cookies do you?!?! hehe:laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back