Cherry OS

reminds me of my recently being Ebay scammed out of £132.75 ! .... but that's another story :mad:

well the site is back up, but its just a cover page and thats it, with some emails and a link to a video streaming site? whats that about

My guess is the video site is either a host or an ad to pay for this fake site. :p

First of all, as has been established this is a big fake. Second, apparently the manual uses the same screenshots as the PearPC manual...and if you look carefully, the screenshots do look docotored. For example, the area around the text in the screenshots is a lot more "blurred" than the rest of the screenshot.

Yeah, these guys are just big ripoffs. :rolleyes:

They switched hosts to Serverbeach. But, we all know it's a fake. The links on their site are nothing but email links.

Well they claim November 25th is the date for the Demo.
CherryOS Trial and Purchase Download Available November 25, 2004

We at Maui X-Stream (MXS) wish to communicate the current and future status of CherryOS.

On Tuesday, October 12, MXS — a software development company that specializes in video streaming, custom applications and web development — announced the immediate availability of CherryOS software.* The announcement signaled a breakthrough in emulation development by providing a software emulator which allows Windows PC users to run Apple’s OS on x86 computer architecture, while preserving network capabilities and access to the host computer’s hardware resources.*

As a direct result of the overwhelming response to our October 12 announcement, and in order to provide current and future customers with the timely service and attention such high-volume demand requires, MXS has chosen to extend the beta development for CherryOS.* In order to accommodate those who were inconvenienced by the interruption of immediate access to the CherryOS download, and to further validate this breakthrough product, MXS will provide a free trial download of the CherryOS software, in addition to the purchase download on November 25, 2004.

Pending orders are being held, but not processed at this time.* If you wish to add your name to our notification list for when CherryOS is available, please register in the notification section or email mail@cherryos.com.

If you are a member of the media and wish to receive notice of further developments and/or future download copy for review, please email press@cherryos.com

CherryOS Team

I guess we'll see. :)

Yep .. I am going to download this bad boy and see if is real or not .. All I can say so far is that Pearpc are saying it's fake and other backstabbing statements because this company was able to get it to work "RIGHT" ;)

Far from it, PearPC got it right, what they did was groundbreaking. What people fail to see if that what they achieved was previously thought of as impossible, whether it runs slow or not. PowerPC is a completely different architecture, and emulating it on x86 isn't something to be taken lightly.

SPeedY_B said:
Far from it, PearPC got it right, what they did was groundbreaking. What people fail to see if that what they achieved was previously thought of as impossible, whether it runs slow or not. PowerPC is a completely different architecture, and emulating it on x86 isn't something to be taken lightly.
That is true yes. But if you think about it, if this thing works as good as they say it does. They were able to do what pearpc hasn't yet. That is enough to make them jealous. That is all I am saying ... Heck I look for them to be having some kind of statement about the creators of this to turn out working for pearpc lol .. That is if this is real ..

CherryOS Trial and Purchase Download Available November 25, 2004

though this seems as likely as the free flash drive, and the free norton antivirus, I still applied for those, and waited anxiously for the delivery.

I wait again with baited breath...a few short days

Well, two more days, and we'll find out. Just don't keep your hopes up.

Ooooh, I'll buy some, I'll be proud to sport the logo of a product that's never going to exist.

Just for reference, that lovely demo that was coming in 2-days, and they were SO confident wasn't PearPC code, and was absolutely amazing and would definitely be ready and available to all... in 2 days... has been put back to next year ;)

CherryOS Trial and Purchase Download Available Q1 2005

We at Maui X-Stream (MXS) wish to communicate the current and future status of CherryOS.

On Tuesday, October 12, MXS — a software development company that specializes in video streaming, custom applications and web development — announced the immediate availability of CherryOS software. The announcement signaled a breakthrough in emulation development by providing a software emulator which allows Windows PC users to run Apple’s OS on x86 computer architecture, while preserving network capabilities and access to the host computer’s hardware resources.

As a direct result of the overwhelming response to our October 12 announcement, and in order to provide current and future customers with the timely service and attention such high-volume demand requires, MXS has chosen to extend the beta development for CherryOS. In order to accommodate those who were inconvenienced by the interruption of immediate access to the CherryOS download, and to further validate this breakthrough product, MXS will provide a free trial download of the CherryOS software, in addition to the purchase download in early 2005.

Pending orders are being held, but not processed at this time. If you wish to add your name to our notification list for when CherryOS is available, please register in the notification section or email mail@cherryos.com.

If you are a member of the media and wish to receive notice of further developments and/or future download copy for review, please email press@cherryos.com

CherryOS Team

Seems removing all the PearPC code is taking longer than they expected :eek: ;) :p :D

Why am I not surprised?
tongue.gif

*beta*..that's a good one...of course, no one heard of any beta testing...it must be the same group that beta tests adaware

lol .. That is funny - They say the first quarter of 2005, but when does their first quarter of 2005 begin ??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back