Cherry OS

I'm gonna go ressurect my panther install disks from a long long time ago and try it out in a few min. Specs for my pc are in the siggy (the test is being run on "Jett").

stupid Cherry OS i forgot about the images i have stored in my external drive. Now I have to go look for them at my house. Damn Cherry OS I hope it works on this dorky Laptop that work provided me with. I love this laptop though great tester for programs before I install on my home computer. :D

Considering how much the program actually crashes (Oddly enough the emulation doesn't, would say to me that the GUI is just a wrapper... funny that ;P) I think we'd be better off with PearPC, may have to give that a try later actually, we have a nice disk image waiting for it :D

So far the install was rather slow (I'm judging based from my experiences of installing XP on a similar rig, and OSX on my DP PowerMac at home) the boot time is quite impressive, and the actual speed of the o/s itself isn't too bad either. Certainly not usable, not even as a 'for fun' type of thing, but it's quite weird seeing OS X boot up on an x86 machine :)

Going to go play now.... :p

meh Maybe I should just focus on getting myself the iBook I mentioned i was going to buy (in my head). because this whole emulation thing seems to just be a throw-off to some. Then again im up for a challenge. I dont know when my head decides to do its thing lol. :p !

Must be important software, i already found a crack for it..
I was Googling for VirtualDub filters, i found this by accident fallowing up some links.. Go figure.. :suprised:

Its gets your Cherry OS registered (works tested)..

perris said:
net, why don't you run the test also?
Well, I would, and I probably will at some point. I know friends who have the Panther installation CDs, so that's not a problem. As Dave said, it's not worth buying something that I'll end up using for less than a week.

Won't be doing it anytime soon though. I have finals coming up in two weeks, a networking project due next week and lots of assignments to do that require the use of a computer. Now considering the fact that I have access to just one computer, my notebook, while I'm here (I'm not at home during the week), I can't let it sit around installing OS X for a few hours. Time is precious. :)

I don't think I'm missing much though. From all the reports I've heard so far, it's either slower than PearPC (which I used for a few days last year), just as slow, or just a little faster.

Was reading through that yesterday as we were installing OS X. :D

Some people never learn :)

Johnny said:
it goes to show that the people at pearpc are idiots lol .
Johnny, I saw your comment on the frontpage which I'll quote here for reference:

I thought open source meant that it was all for the taken, to do what you want with it ?? If what CherryOs did was code stealing, then, why don't the people who make other Open Source programs go and try and sue other who used their code. Prime Examples: Cdex, Lame, Linux, etc, etc, et, the list can go on and on. PearPc are just whining because CherryOs were able to make it more stable than them. The bunch of morons ..
I'm not sure what you have against the PearPC developers to call them idiots and morons. If anything, they deserve the recognition for being the first ones to develop a working PPC emulator capable of running OS X. It's not an easy task.

Secondly, it sounds like you need to read a little bit about the GPL before calling people names. For your reading pleasure: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Some FAQ's that specifically relate to this situation:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#ModifiedJustBinary

Fact: The CherryOS folks used code from the PearPC project.
Fact: PearPC is released under the GPL.
Implication: The CherryOS folks can use code from the PearPC project, modify it, and distribute their own version for a fee, provided they release it under the GPL and make the modified source code available too. Are they? Nope. Obviously because if they do, the cat would be out of the bag. ;)

Everyone is pissed at the CherryOS folks because:
1) They used code from the PearPC project (there's just no denying that...enough proof is available), and they're denying it completely. Give credit where credit is due.
2) They're violating the terms of the GPL due to the reasons I stated above.

Hopefully, that clears up the issue and proves to you that you're taking sides with the wrong people here.

ok im installing my Cherry OS right now and everytime i try to start up one of my profiles it gives me a freaking error

There was an error in your profile. Please press OK for help.

I press ok and then nothing happens it just sits there?
I have the images i load them and i get a different error but when i put it on my Virtual Drive and load it up it seems to be going somewhere but the CherryOS doesnt seem to be doing anything can i please get some help?

really what the hell happened with CherryOS. Did they just bomb out or what the hell? lol
These Devs and their weird ways

lol. They ripped Pearpc and added a new gooey. do a google on it or search the forums and read for your self.

VenomXt said:
lol. They ripped Pearpc and added a new gooey. do a google on it or search the forums and read for your self.

i heard about that already. Thanks though but this PearPC thing has anyone tested it yet????

Yes. It runs better than CherryOS.

Everyone who tried CherryOS has tried PearPC. CherryOS = PearPC.

but of course this thread is still here but yea i knew beforehand that Cherry OS was PearPC i heard a rumor about it. Someone mentioned it having some of the source from PearPC. Well then thanx a lot Speedy

I'm trying to use PearPC but I don't understand. I downloaded the file and its so small. I extracted the files and I clicked on the exe file but nothing happened. How do I get this to work.

i am so right there with you BMAN. Last night i was attempting to install this so called PearPC thing and i was following directions for the Pramsys (or however its spelled). To my demise the thing did not install or i had something wrong or something happened im not quite sure. I do know that i had all the proper things in their proper locations. For example the .cfg and the video.x along with the preformatted drive and the PearPC. Like i said it didnt work for me. If someone could please shed some light on these poor souls it would be greatly appreciated. :D:D:D

PearPC's not going to hand you everything on a plate. There's documentation on the web-site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back