• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zone alarm pro questions....

B

bpimpdaddy21

I have installed Zone Alarm Pro on my computer, and I just arrived at school and am on the computer network here. The problem I am having is with Zone Alarm, I am unable to browse the computers on the network here, without Zone Alarm being off. I have the school network in a trusted zone, so I dont understand why it woulnt be working. If anyone has any ideas why that this is not working, let me know, is there some sort of setting that i need to change that will allow me to browse the network? THanks in advance.

B

bpimpdaddy21

it is my desktop, using zone alarm pro 4, with the school network being set to a trusted zone, and I am unable to view other computers on my network and get files from them unless I turn zone alarm off.

ming

OSNN Advanced
you carry a desktop around with you?! :confused:
zone alarm is ghey, i tell you!!! it gives me so much headache - i couldn't even uninstall it. lol.
hit uninstall and it does the necessary stuff to remove the software, then when you restart... it's back in your face.

bpimpdaddy21, i had the same prob as you regarding not being able to connect to other pcs when ZA is running. I'm not going to use it ever again!

B

bpimpdaddy21

the computers are on the internet, and there is a LAN, and when I try to browse the computers on the network, it wont let me when zone alarm is on.

G

grimman

Originally posted by monmusion
works good for me, just wont allow me to browse the network
Meaning it doesn't work good after all... =P

Go get Kerio Personal Firewall (2.1.4 or 2.1.5)... it's TONS better than ZA. I had nothing but problems with ZA, but Kerio works EXACTLY the way I want it to.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dixoncarry