Zone alarm pro questions....

• Thread starter bpimpdaddy21
  • Start date
B

bpimpdaddy21

I have installed Zone Alarm Pro on my computer, and I just arrived at school and am on the computer network here. The problem I am having is with Zone Alarm, I am unable to browse the computers on the network here, without Zone Alarm being off. I have the school network in a trusted zone, so I dont understand why it woulnt be working. If anyone has any ideas why that this is not working, let me know, is there some sort of setting that i need to change that will allow me to browse the network? THanks in advance.

it is my desktop, using zone alarm pro 4, with the school network being set to a trusted zone, and I am unable to view other computers on my network and get files from them unless I turn zone alarm off.

you carry a desktop around with you?! :confused:
zone alarm is ghey, i tell you!!! it gives me so much headache - i couldn't even uninstall it. lol.
hit uninstall and it does the necessary stuff to remove the software, then when you restart... it's back in your face.

bpimpdaddy21, i had the same prob as you regarding not being able to connect to other pcs when ZA is running. I'm not going to use it ever again!

the computers are on the internet, and there is a LAN, and when I try to browse the computers on the network, it wont let me when zone alarm is on.

Originally posted by monmusion
works good for me, just wont allow me to browse the network

Meaning it doesn't work good after all... =P

Go get Kerio Personal Firewall (2.1.4 or 2.1.5)... it's TONS better than ZA. I had nothing but problems with ZA, but Kerio works EXACTLY the way I want it to.

Get Norton Internet Security, that automatically configures everything for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back