XP performance really slow.

correction - you are right
NVIDIA nView Wizard - I have nvidia and its disabled. Stand to be corrected but I think its for multiple screens / split view etc..

check out this detailed text file for services - it may help

The file for services will be helpful when I go through the services but is there one for startup.

Why am I disabling Microsoft Office? What happens if I do and if I don't?

Re: Re: XP performance really slow.

Originally posted by donkey
The file for services will be helpful when I go through the services but is there one for startup.

Why am I disabling Microsoft Office? What happens if I do and if I don't?

Nothing really unless you use it for reminders. Disable it and if you are missing something that you really need, just go back in and re-check it.

Originally posted by Kylie
check out this detailed text file for services - it may help

Thanks that was really helpful:D

I have a couple of processes running that I have no explanation for, these are:

MsPMSPSv.exe
alg.exe

Any clue as to what these suckers are for?

i got alg.exe runnin as well so i'm guessin u need it. but u can alway's try closin it + seein wot happens. don't have the outher though:confused:

try this link to see if it narrows down
mspm..... what is it?
basically its This service is installed with Windows Media Player 7. If you do not use Media Player, disable this service. If you begin using Media Player again and functions do not work properly, set this to Manual or Automatic.

secondly

Application Layer Gateway Service

Provides support for 3rd party plug-ins for Internet Connection Sharing/Internet Connection Firewall. Required if using Internet Connection Sharing/Internet Connection Firewall to connect to the internet. This uses about 1.5 MB of memory in an idle state.

BV Recommends: Automatic if needed, Disabled if not.
[regards black vipers page]

kylie
xx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back