• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Xbox 360 BETA Kits Released

~bk

I
Political User
We have received word that developers are now receiving the hardware to make the final Xbox 360 titles for launch. These beta kits, which are a key part of the development will help make games that before were at only 30% of what they could be a full 100% with no excuses. Word also has reached us that many of the components to Xbox 360 for the retail version of the machine, such as the GPU and CPU have gone into production.

Despite many technical components going into production for the consumer version of the machine, Microsoft is holding off on production of the actual machines until after all beta kits have gone out, and prices have been finalized.

Source
So I guess the price is finalized. Around $300 as they said earlier.

Awesome! So it seems like these babies will be running at full performance now.
By the way, the article doesn't confirm that prices haven't been finalized. It says Microsoft will begin production of the final kits after prices have been finalized. :)

~bk

I
Political User
NetRyder said:
Awesome! So it seems like these babies will be running at full performance now.
By the way, the article doesn't confirm that prices haven't been finalized. It says Microsoft will begin production of the final kits after prices have been finalized. :)
So I guess they should be releasing the price soon enough. :)

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Also, keep into mind that this does not mean that the games will suddenly look 70% better in terms of graphics. The screens we saw at E3 are pretty much what we'll see when 360 launches later this year, but the games will not stutter along at 15 FPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar