Xbox 360 BETA Kits Released

~bk

I
Political Access
We have received word that developers are now receiving the hardware to make the final Xbox 360 titles for launch. These beta kits, which are a key part of the development will help make games that before were at only 30% of what they could be a full 100% with no excuses. Word also has reached us that many of the components to Xbox 360 for the retail version of the machine, such as the GPU and CPU have gone into production.

Despite many technical components going into production for the consumer version of the machine, Microsoft is holding off on production of the actual machines until after all beta kits have gone out, and prices have been finalized.

Source

So I guess the price is finalized. Around $300 as they said earlier.

Hopefully the price will be around $300. I've heard rumors that PS3 will cost around $500. :lick:

Awesome! So it seems like these babies will be running at full performance now.
By the way, the article doesn't confirm that prices haven't been finalized. It says Microsoft will begin production of the final kits after prices have been finalized. :)

NetRyder said:
Awesome! So it seems like these babies will be running at full performance now.
By the way, the article doesn't confirm that prices haven't been finalized. It says Microsoft will begin production of the final kits after prices have been finalized. :)

So I guess they should be releasing the price soon enough. :)

Also, keep into mind that this does not mean that the games will suddenly look 70% better in terms of graphics. The screens we saw at E3 are pretty much what we'll see when 360 launches later this year, but the games will not stutter along at 15 FPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back