World Cup 2006

and I am sure there is more to come.

He's retiring from the game, nothing more will be done. Zidane has always been a bit "mental" he used to trample over people, kick people and now he headbutts them. In any other game he would have been yellow carded and remained on the field, its just the world cup hype that cause the red.

Also the 4th official who claimed he saw the outburst and told the ref didnt see a thing. it was someone from within the stand that ran out and then told the 4th official. They are not supposed to be allowed to card anyone unless the officials agree that they saw the same thing, so there is some controversy surrounding that also.

You could see Zidane talking with the ref at the booking and I believe that was exactly what he was debating. But like everyone has said, its the end of the tourney and the end of his career and its been a good one at that. So like everything it will blow over and Zidane will be remembered for his skill rather than his attitude.

No, a headbutt like that == straight red card.

Also the officials don't have to view the same thing, which is why the ref listens to his line-people for off-side/goal decisions and for fouls away from him that he did not see.

Regardless, Zidane SHOULD have been sent off for that disgraceful headbutt. It's not the first time he has done something like this but it's certain to be the last.

Yes its a redcard for sure and deserved, just as Figo should have been red carded, and even if he says he is retireing they need to make it clear that if he changed his mind, he would still be suspended for his actions.

FTW! :p
zinedinezidanespecialmove5gr.gif

Maybe he bounced the ball off his head one too many times, and mistook the other guys head for a football. Correct form and everything if he would have wrapped up that would have been a legal tackle. That is a decleater if I ever saw one, or a class A slobber knocker.

The BBC has hired a lip reader about this to try and figure out what was said to cause the headbutt

"I wish an ugly death to you and your family, I hope you go **** yourself"

Something like that :eek:

The BBC has hired a lip reader about this to try and figure out what was said to cause the headbutt

"I wish an ugly death to you and your family, I hope you go **** yourself"

Something like that :eek:

From what I've read today at least 3 different lip readers have given 3 different answers :rolleyes: :laugh:

Yeah, I don't doubt it, that's what I heard on Sportscenter right before I posted it.

I guess the person who got headbutted only admitted to not calling him a terrorist

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back