Workstation to Workstation Network Login Trouble

T

the_blacksmith

Workstation to Workstation Network Login Trouble

when I use windows explorer rather than network neighborhood... for instace entering this " \\station1 " on the address bar it would take me to the shared folder on that \\station1 running xp .......this machine runs xp also.

now when I type "\\station1" it brings up the login dialog box still, but has Station1\guest as default login name and its greyed out so I cannot change it..........I checked the registry and found nothing...I checked some settings and still cannot find it....I used to be able to enter in the login and password....what happened? and how can I fix this? Thanks in advance.......Blacksmith
tazam@hotmail.com :eek:

hmmm... Well, I have two suggestions for you. One, is to go on the other network admin pc, and login, if ya can, and look at the settings for the group policy. There are options there about logins and accounts for things such as remote, and set security settings.

Second, if you can access the "User Accounts" and if you have admin privilidge, look to see if the guest account is disabled, which may be since it is set like that by default.

It seems as tho something, cache of that other machine, IP change, something has changed on either or computer. If all else fails, delete that connection and make a new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back