• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WMP 11 Crashing

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I have only been using it for the past 2 days, but today after it being open for about acouple minutes it crashes.

Is anyone else having this problem, is there a fix?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Thread moves to Windows Beta Place.

Are you using Beta 2 (I assume so since you just installed it)? I personally haven't had this problem or any problems with it.

What is the specific error in the Event Viewer or what are you doing when it happens?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
nothing really happens, its working fine then the "Send Error Report or not" window pops up, and then it closes. Thats it....?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
what are you using mpegs or mp3's?
I'm using mp3's and some wma's..

And normally when something crashes, that end program thing comes up, and afterwards the send error report comes. With this its only the error report.

I have reopened it, a third time now......and it seems to be fine. I have gone through 5 songs so far without a problem, so I will watch it and repost when there is aproblem..

Also, if I download Album Art, where do I go to update it in WMP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecham

Vista bug finder
I have reopened it, a third time now......and it seems to be fine. I have gone through 5 songs so far without a problem, so I will watch it and repost when there is aproblem..

Also, if I download Album Art, where do I go to update it in WMP?
Yep it's a known bug... because this is a beta and not the final version please expect to be issues with the beta release. (What a stupid answer :))

This might help answer your questions... https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/troubleshooting.aspx I hope so any way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
what about the album art, WMP couldn't find it for one of my albums so I downloaded it somewhere, how do I get WMP to recognize it?

Daeron Tinúviel

OSNN Senior Addict
bman i have the same problem with the album art i ahve the art but it doesnt show i have to go 1by1 copy/paste thats a pain.....also it cant play avi files

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown