WMP 11 Crashing

N

Not Bman

I have only been using it for the past 2 days, but today after it being open for about acouple minutes it crashes.

Is anyone else having this problem, is there a fix?

Thread moves to Windows Beta Place.

Are you using Beta 2 (I assume so since you just installed it)? I personally haven't had this problem or any problems with it.

What is the specific error in the Event Viewer or what are you doing when it happens?

nothing really happens, its working fine then the "Send Error Report or not" window pops up, and then it closes. Thats it....?

what are you using mpegs or mp3's?

When a program crashes it records the error message in the Event Viewer.

what are you using mpegs or mp3's?

I'm using mp3's and some wma's..

And normally when something crashes, that end program thing comes up, and afterwards the send error report comes. With this its only the error report.

I have reopened it, a third time now......and it seems to be fine. I have gone through 5 songs so far without a problem, so I will watch it and repost when there is aproblem..

Also, if I download Album Art, where do I go to update it in WMP?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have reopened it, a third time now......and it seems to be fine. I have gone through 5 songs so far without a problem, so I will watch it and repost when there is aproblem..

Also, if I download Album Art, where do I go to update it in WMP?

Yep it's a known bug... because this is a beta and not the final version please expect to be issues with the beta release. (What a stupid answer :))

This might help answer your questions... https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/troubleshooting.aspx I hope so any way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
what about the album art, WMP couldn't find it for one of my albums so I downloaded it somewhere, how do I get WMP to recognize it?

bman i have the same problem with the album art i ahve the art but it doesnt show i have to go 1by1 copy/paste thats a pain.....also it cant play avi files

copy/paste where? I don't know where to put the album art?

ok

i have to go to the folder where i have the art copy it, then go to WMP look for the album right click paste

so you accually need the mp3 files (or whatever) to be in a folder?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back