• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

With Nero, should I make any changes in XP?

H

Herkalees

If I am going to use the latest Nero to do all my burnin (I've always used XP's built in until now), Should I disable XP's built in support? Or should I just install Nero and use it, making no changes to any configurations in XP?

C

Clean_Rich

No changes are needed in XP. You've made a good choice going to Nero instead of using XP's burning feature.

Evolution

OSNN Junior Addict
Actually that's not true...
Under services(services.msc) you will need to disable IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service for Nero to function at it's greatest potential :)

K

killerk

Originally posted by Clean_Rich
No changes are needed in XP. You've made a good choice going to Nero instead of using XP's burning feature.
dude, that feature works fine

and if you dload the cdcopy utility that allows you to copy cds directly in "My Computer" from tweakxp.org, then your flyin.

C

Clean_Rich

Originally posted by killerk
dude, that feature works fine

and if you dload the cdcopy utility that allows you to copy cds directly in "My Computer" from tweakxp.org, then your flyin.
Hmmm, I didn't have much luck with it. I think I made a couple coasters by trying to use that feature. Nero is the best IMHO. :)

03bigMark03

Yep

I disabled the service as it was recommended at www.blackviper.com in the XP services configurations. This was only to save on my memory resources but I bet it does help if you disable it so program's can run flawlessly without any disturbances in resources.

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies