wireless to wired?

W

wyrlwyn

i'm going to a college next year, and there givin me a notebook witha wireless network adapter. what would i need to get this manchine onto my netowrk at home(which is wired) without changing the hardware on the laptop? i also don't want to spend the money on all new netowrk stuff for my room, casue then all mr firneds would to. so, do they make a wired to wireless network connection?

R

Raven76

Get a 802.11 wireless access point and connect it to your home wired LAN. That's all there is to it.

R

redsolar

Just got myself a D-Link 713p router
It's an all in one piece, 10/100 switch/Wireless Access Point/Router/Print Server. highly recommend, and only $130 after rebate.
Works fine with 2 wired desktops, and wireless lappy. Desks are XP, lappy 98 SE. Satisfied 100% :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut