wireless to wired?

W

wyrlwyn

i'm going to a college next year, and there givin me a notebook witha wireless network adapter. what would i need to get this manchine onto my netowrk at home(which is wired) without changing the hardware on the laptop? i also don't want to spend the money on all new netowrk stuff for my room, casue then all mr firneds would to. so, do they make a wired to wireless network connection?

Get a 802.11 wireless access point and connect it to your home wired LAN. That's all there is to it.

Just got myself a D-Link 713p router
It's an all in one piece, 10/100 switch/Wireless Access Point/Router/Print Server. highly recommend, and only $130 after rebate.
Works fine with 2 wired desktops, and wireless lappy. Desks are XP, lappy 98 SE. Satisfied 100% :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back