• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

winrar password question

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

when archiving files with winrar to .rar archives. can i add two different files with two different passwords?
for ex. file1.txt-pass=file1
file2.txt-pass=file2

so that when i try to extract files and enter a pass "file1" it extracts only file1.txt saying that it's a wrong pass for file2.txt. i'm using version 3.00 now and cant seem to do be able to do it. and i think i have done some with previous version.

M

mafiafromrussia

that's not good. is there something else with this good compression that could do it? except making a lot of archives with defferent passwords.

S

Stircrazy

cant you do norm multirar and just open say file 1 and lock it with pw then do it again with 2? i dont remember but i know ive seen em b4

M

mafiafromrussia

tryed win ace and it seems to be able to do this multipass thing. and Electronic Punk i know that i can put 2 passprotected archives into 1 archive, it's just a matter of more comfort or something like that i guess to have it all in one .
Stircrazy i've tryed archiving 1 file at a time with different passwords with winrar, but when i try to add 2nd file it will only add the file to archive if i enter password of the 1st file already there.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doertilog