winrar password question

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

when archiving files with winrar to .rar archives. can i add two different files with two different passwords?
for ex. file1.txt-pass=file1
file2.txt-pass=file2

so that when i try to extract files and enter a pass "file1" it extracts only file1.txt saying that it's a wrong pass for file2.txt. i'm using version 3.00 now and cant seem to do be able to do it. and i think i have done some with previous version.

you might if you hacked the programs password thing.

that's not good. is there something else with this good compression that could do it? except making a lot of archives with defferent passwords.

dont think you can set different passwords for each file with WinACE though.

oh right there's winace, gona check it out tomorrow

You could always put 2 different password protected archives inside another archive.

cant you do norm multirar and just open say file 1 and lock it with pw then do it again with 2? i dont remember but i know ive seen em b4

tryed win ace and it seems to be able to do this multipass thing. and Electronic Punk i know that i can put 2 passprotected archives into 1 archive, it's just a matter of more comfort or something like that i guess to have it all in one .
Stircrazy i've tryed archiving 1 file at a time with different passwords with winrar, but when i try to add 2nd file it will only add the file to archive if i enter password of the 1st file already there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back