Windows XP x64 free upgrade available NOW!

Electronic Punk said:
The copy NetRyder got last night was a retail copy in a DVD case.
Got two of them actually. Will mail one of them to you soon.
DVD case with "Commemorative Edition" printed on it. ;)

I know it's free and all, but please MS, please hurry up and start shipping these out. I can only wait so long :lick:

I have the beta trial they have, so no worry for me

to be fair, not enough of my free programs work on the 64 os, so you'll still probably be dual booting and using 32 most of the time

NetRyder said:
Got two of them actually. Will mail one of them to you soon.
DVD case with "Commemorative Edition" printed on it. ;)

woo free stuff :D

Well The computer store I go to is sellin the OEM of x64 for a buck fity (a buck fifty :D). That's one hundred and fifty dollars for all you scratchin yer noodle goin "wtf?".

Just buy a two dollar cable or any other cheap piece of hardware and you can buy it (the OEM Disk).

Ok I can only wait so long, my system needs to be wiped and I'm waiting for 64 before I do it :-/

Ive currently got an Athlon 64 running win2k at home, if i purchased a Windows XP Profesional upgrade, would that be eligeble for the x64 trade?

ok i have a question...is there a list of hardware that is compatible with 64? because it said it would not work with 32bit drivers. also i only have retail versions of winxp, how can i get 64 since it seems this is only for oem's or prebuilt systems?

so now retail holders can use the advancement program? i was just wondering about hardware like my hdd's...not sure if they would work or not? i dunno im not really all knowning about the difference between 32 and 64 bit.

"As a small measure of our appreciation for your help in testing Windows Server SP1 and Windows x64 on the Technical Beta, we are offering active participants a complimentary full copy of Windows Professional x64 Edition. This will be done as a downloadable ISO file only, but will be a licensed copy of Windows Professional x64 Edition. (i.e. not an eval copy). Right now we are making final preparations to have the download, product keys, and other necessary infrastructure. You should expect this offer in the next few weeks."

Woo, more thoughts at my blog, of course.

hey this is 32bits off topic, but i saw at an online shop windows xp 32 bit on a dvd, and yes it was original, whats the difference?

perris said:
you need xp pro bought not oem to qualify for the free exchangea

Not true... Here is the lingo used on the xp64 site:

"Since many of our partners are taking part in this program, you should check your PC manufacturer's Web site to see if they support the exchange on your x64 computer. Customers who are currently supported by a system builder or OEM and choose to exchange Windows XP Professional (32-bit) for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition via any means other than their PC manufacturer may void support with their PC manufacturer."

I havent read all the new posts on this thread but I figured I would put it out there...

Hannibal sends...

ya, that was addressed by microsoft soon after the promotion started...VERY generous

My copy just shipped. Should be here Monday. or so I hope. I heard others have already received theirs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back