Windows XP SP3 is Now Availble for Testing!

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
Just got this email this morning from msftconn@microsoft.com.

Dear ShepsCrook,

As is standard practice for operating systems nearing the end of their sales period, Microsoft will be releasing a final Service Pack for Windows XP in the first half of 2008. Microsoft is pleased to announce the availability of Windows XP Service Pack 3 Beta Preview, to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 beta testers.

Please obtain the update package for Windows XP SP3 Beta Preview in English, German or Japanese, as well as Release Notes. You can use your current bug logging tools to file bugs; we request that you preface bugs with [XPSP3] in the title.

We are interested in all feedback on Windows XP SP3. We are especially interested in scenarios involving communication between Windows XP Service Pack 3 machines and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or Windows Server 2008 machines.

You may download the files here: http://connect.microsoft.com/windows/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=8704.

For a technical support, please visit our new XP SP3 newsgroups: microsoft.beta.windows.xp_sp3

Regards,
The Windows Beta Team

Page not found for me :( I take it this is for super-cool secret testers?

Connect members plus it has been expanded to include those already in the Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 Beta trials.

Last edited:
Yup, downloaded this when I got my e-mail last week :D

Didn't realise it was a newer build, that list of integrated hotfxies keeps going up :)

What exactly is in SP3, what has changed, updated, one should I get it when it comes out (even thought they will make ya)....

basically it contains all the updates released since SP2, this means all the ones on windows update and all the ones you had to phone and ask for. There are a few features back ported from vista too.

Running it now. It's nice and snappy though there are issues with windows update with it.

Can't find it...
brad, don't install a beta sp

that goes for everyone that counts on their box, if you have a breakable box go ahead and beta the thing but if it's your workstation, wait

most of the people on this thread don't mind if something happens, they have backup computers and backups for their hardrive but if you're not interested in doing some os repair, skip all beta sp's

I wouldn't even install a release candidate sp and typically I wait a couple of weeks before a released sp is available..,that is prudent advice and I hope those that don't have backup solutions follow it

Page Not Found

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back