Windows XP SP2 RC1/Tech Preview Released

Think I jumped the gun, maybe, I think it could be a technical release, bitch me if I got it wrong, sorry to thos ethat may have downloaded 273 megs, downloading now myself so will find out, it was added today so that's why i posted it when I found out.

This is basically Release Candidate 1. Although it is much more stable as compared to the betas, I would highly recommend not installing this on your primary machine.
There's still going to be RC2 before the final is released.

Find it odd how it was released today though. There are two, 273 and 260.19 mgb(which i am downloading as we speak).

Both I found released on the 20/3/2004. I think i should have an early night as it is late...

Lee said:
Find it odd how it was released today though. There are two, 273 and 260.19 mgb(which i am downloading as we speak).

Both I found released on the 20/3/2004. I think i should have an early night as it is late...
The 260MB file according to Microsoft is the German version and the 273MB is the English version.

This is what I found!

Prerelease:

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 137
build is btw 2, v .2096
Thanks for not throwing mud at me, as I get very confused when I haven't slept for a few days.

Lee said:
Thanks for not throwing mud at me
No it's usually the stocks and everybody will gather round and throw rotten tomatoes!!;)

rushm001 said:
No it's usually the stocks and everybody will gather round and throw rotten tomatoes!!;)
Wish they still did that in Kent, sounds rather kinky ;)

I see a serious bug in IE, when you try to download or launch a file (exm. download a zip file from a page or .exe) the download never finishes. It hangs at 99%. I removed the SP2 and everything was fine. Weird I never seem to have issues with prelease of anything but the SP2 has been crazy for me. First time my printspooling would lockup or hang and now that is fine and IE has issues LOL

Does anyone seen this issue I can't believe it is just me on this one.

thanks

Looks like the new firewall should be much better than the old one. Hopefully we wont need another one.

I need a simple answer from someone who has RC1 installed. Does Windows Firewall prompt you when an application tries to make an outbound connection to the internet? I've been finding way too many conflicting answers on this subject, and I want to know from someone who actually has it installed.
Thanks
smile.gif

Sorry I don't use windows built in one. It keeps telling me to keep my system secure I should use automatic updates though (I prefer to do them myself!) which annoys me a bit!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back