Windows Vista - The last windows x32 os?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Joined
12 Jan 2004
Messages
5,015
I was reading something last night that stated that windows seven is going to be x64 only - Windows Server 2008 is also going to be x64 only. They say that will be the end of a x32 os from M$. Anyone like this idea? I think it will be interesting to see how the hardware and software companies play this. As most know that they aren't producing but very little for x64 architecture ...

I will note, that if this is the case. I am going to wait to build my new system. I can imagine all the headaches that are going to come with this ...

[edit]I made an error about server 2008. It is going to be the last 32 bit os from M$ as far as servers go[/edit]
 

epk

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Joined
22 Oct 2006
Messages
1,240
mm.. microsoft decided to still make windows 7 in both 32 and 64 bit editions (contrary to was first assumed)


btw.. what that sites says is that server 2008 will be the last server os supporting 32 bit cpus, but 7 isnt a server os :)
 

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Joined
8 Apr 2003
Messages
6,376
i think 7 will be last 32bit os from what i have read in the past
 

ming

OSNN Advanced
Joined
17 Jun 2003
Messages
4,252
Windows 7 will have both 32-bit and 64-bit from what i've read. Kind of makes sense to have it as the last OS to be 32-bit since probably 40% of PC users are now using 64-bit capable cpus. The remaining 60% who still only use the older generation of cpus probably will be replacing their systems within the next 3-4 years anyway.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
61,997
Messages
673,411
Members
5,590
Latest member
AntonioPR