Windows Vista - The last windows x32 os?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I was reading something last night that stated that windows seven is going to be x64 only - Windows Server 2008 is also going to be x64 only. They say that will be the end of a x32 os from M$. Anyone like this idea? I think it will be interesting to see how the hardware and software companies play this. As most know that they aren't producing but very little for x64 architecture ...

I will note, that if this is the case. I am going to wait to build my new system. I can imagine all the headaches that are going to come with this ...

[edit]I made an error about server 2008. It is going to be the last 32 bit os from M$ as far as servers go[/edit]

mm.. microsoft decided to still make windows 7 in both 32 and 64 bit editions (contrary to was first assumed)

btw.. what that sites says is that server 2008 will be the last server os supporting 32 bit cpus, but 7 isnt a server os :)

i think 7 will be last 32bit os from what i have read in the past

Windows 7 will have both 32-bit and 64-bit from what i've read. Kind of makes sense to have it as the last OS to be 32-bit since probably 40% of PC users are now using 64-bit capable cpus. The remaining 60% who still only use the older generation of cpus probably will be replacing their systems within the next 3-4 years anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back