Windows Vista Pre-RTM Build 5728.16387 Released

Anybody finding problems with ATI drivers and Creative Labs drivers. with 5600 there was no problems with the RC1 drivers from ATI and the beta drivers from Creative for my sound card. But since the release of 5728 there is a major issue with these drivers causing mayhem.

Anybody else experiencing the same problems.

Thanks
James

Go onto the Creative support forums and ask there - I haven't had a chance to install this build yet, so I can't tell you. For the ATI, go to www.guru3d.com and see if there's any new ATI betas that are out. That's all I can suggest. :(

Not a whole lot that's changed, as expected. I did notice that it installed faster than RC 1 did on my Tablet PC, and overall performance has improved. Happy with this build. :)

Anybody finding problems with ATI drivers and Creative Labs drivers. with 5600 there was no problems with the RC1 drivers from ATI and the beta drivers from Creative for my sound card. But since the release of 5728 there is a major issue with these drivers causing mayhem.
I have a SB Live and all I did was insert the CD that came with my card to install the drivers. I went into device manager > update driver of the Multimedia controller. Pointed Vista to the CD and it installed the drivers.

One thing I hate is the UAC and I think lots of people will be turning it off as it is VERY annoying.

I have a SB Live and all I did was insert the CD that came with my card to install the drivers. I went into device manager > update driver of the Multimedia controller. Pointed Vista to the CD and it installed the drivers.

One thing I hate is the UAC and I think lots of people will be turning it off as it is VERY annoying.

Wow - that's impressive your card installed with no problems. They must have fixed a lot of issues with Creative drivers in this new build. All previous builds had HUGE problems with Creative soundcards.

If you have any problem with your X-Fi on Windows Vista x64 that is the good way to do. I did it and work perfectly for me.

1. On my current installation of Vista x64, I had not tried installing any
Creative software or drivers on it before. Today I installed the latest X-Fi
XP x64 drivers (2.09.0001) while sig enforce was ENABLED. I clicked past the
errors during the install, then rebooted.

2. On the next boot, I booted up with sig enforce DISABLED. X-Fi looked
correct in device manager, but there was no sound and Windows Volume Control
said no audio devices detected. With WinRAR, I extracted the XP x64 drivers
to a folder. In the Device Manager, I right-clicked the "Creative SB X-Fi",
and chose to update drivers. I updated from folder
"SB_x64_2_09_0001\Src\Drivers\wdm" and rebooted.

3. Booted up with sig enforce DISABLED. X-Fi worked perfectly.

4. Booted up with sig enforce DISABLED, but I did not log in. I heard the
startup sound then had Windows reboot again.

5. Booted up with sig enforce ENABLED and X-Fi worked PERFECTLY.

6. Rebooted again with sig enforce still ENABLED just to be sure. X-Fi is
still working perfectly.
;) :up:

I just installed this on my 250 GB HDD and I'm loving it. However when I try to boot Vista without the vista dvd in one of my drives it gives me this error "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". Otherwise with the dvd in one of the drives it starts Vista without a problem. I have the BIOS boot the optical drives first then the HDD. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Wow - that's impressive your card installed with no problems. They must have fixed a lot of issues with Creative drivers in this new build. All previous builds had HUGE problems with Creative soundcards.
I was able to install drivers from the CD in RC 1 as well as the newest build.

Anyone had any success installig vista onto a raid0 array managed by the ICH7R chip? (Intel 975X)

From what I'm reading intel's current 32 and 64bit drivers make stuff go, though I've also read that disk access slows to a crawl too.

I don't want to waste my time going raid0 again when building my C2D system somethime in the next week/week and a half :)

All product keys handed out for Beta 2 will work with CTP, Pre-RC1, RC1, and Pre-RTM.

Small question.. Should I waste time downloading this update? My download is only about 150kbps... Will I notice anything different?

My AMD 64 3000+ on Vista x64 stutters intermittantly. It was the lowest performance score (3.6) by far so I imagine it's the issue.

However, the lack of RAM could be it (1GB). My Core Duo 2.0Ghz laptop with 2GB of DDR2-667 RAM doesnt stutter... but thats on 32bit.

Any word? :)

Give up on x64 almost, might look at it again sometime.

Small question.. Should I waste time downloading this update? My download is only about 150kbps... Will I notice anything different?

Well, not really. The performance (at least on my comp) is about the same. There is a few new icons, you can finally turn off the startup sound completly in 5728...but there will probably be anpther build anyway soon :)

Frack... Seems like almost every day they release another version.... :)

lol 'Frack' BSG Geek :p

Apparently (according to Neowin post) we should be seeing more of these all the way to RTM, as well as maybe one more public release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back