Windows Vista Build 5270 (Dec CTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah. i will give it a go on my laptop. If I can get further with that (does not utilize SATA) I might be further inclined to just get an IDE to use for testing. Dont feel like waiting. :)

Yeah, I've been testing Vista on a 3-year old Dell laptop too. It's a 2.4GHz P4 with 512MB of RAM. Nothing fancy. But it works quite well. :)
Need to keep XP x64 on the desktop since I need that for more serious work. Vista doesn't have any stability issues at this stage, but it still has rough edges, so I can't quite use it as my only OS yet.

Well I just finished playing with it on my laptop. I got my 4200Go drivers installed but they are not LDDM so I dont get Aero Glass. I have a feeling it wouldnt be much faster with those drivers though.. it is pretty slow, lots of delay for simple things and I can attribute that to my laptop. It is sluggish with WinXP and I keep it pretty minimal, process-wise. I cant wait to get an IDE driver and hopefully some working LDDM drivers for my 6800GT.. since nvidia's site said that the latest drivers for vista dont work with 5270...

Any word on that?

You should be able to get LDDM drivers for the 6800GT via Windows Update once the OS is installed and running. :)

Was playing with the sidebar working on an offshoot of this build :)
Roll on the next CTP because if it has what I think it has, well ;D

Electronic Punk said:
Was playing with the sidebar working on an offshoot of this build :)
Roll on the next CTP because if it has what I think it has, well ;D
Isnt there an official Beta 2 soon? 5276?

What is it rumored to include?

I used it last night and I can point out about twenty things off the top of my head that needed fixing. Do they want that kind of input or do they have that covered?

Received this email today from Bink.nu
" The Microsoft Windows Vista Team and Culminis have invited us to be part of a special Windows Vista beta program known as the “Community Technology Preview” (CTP) program. There are only 1000 of these special worldwide slots open and they are reserved for members of Bink.nu, a Culminis IT PRO user groups. To learn more about the program and to register for the opportunity to be selected for one of these slots, please go to http://microsoft.order-4.com/windowsvistabeta/ to complete the online registration form ASAP. The Technical Beta Program Nomination Code that you will need is:__ " Looks interesting.

There is no ETA on Beta2 will most likely come after the Feb CTP if there is one.

I just know that when it does arrive I will be going gambling in Seattle with Jed Rose ;)

I also got the Bink email, but as I am also a tester its all good.
Bink won $300 on the Blackjack table - bastard :p

Does anyone know how much disk space Vista will need (minimum) when the finished product becomes available? I've seen Build 5270 take up over 8GB after its initial install, which is huge!
My C: Partition with the OS and all the applications only come up to 7.8GB with XP. lol :p

Not too sure mate. But here have some new shots of Vista, one of which includes the sidebar ;)

Attachments

• Gaming_01.JPG
    Gaming_01.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 199
  • New_Web_FamilySecurity1b_02.JPG
    New_Web_FamilySecurity1b_02.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 176
  • New_Web_FamilySecurity2_01.JPG
    New_Web_FamilySecurity2_01.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 223
  • New_Web_MediaCenter_Start_MUSIC_01.JPG
    New_Web_MediaCenter_Start_MUSIC_01.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 196
  • New_Web_MediaCenter_Start_TV_02.JPG
    New_Web_MediaCenter_Start_TV_02.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 198
More:

Attachments

• New_Web_Sidebar2_01.JPG
    New_Web_Sidebar2_01.JPG
    565.6 KB · Views: 191
  • SyncCenter_01.JPG
    SyncCenter_01.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 182
  • Windows_Photo_Gallery_01.JPG
    Windows_Photo_Gallery_01.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 204
Are these from the Hive? I saw them posted over at Bink's earlier today.
Haven't checked the Hive for new content lately.

Yeah, lots going on at the hive at the moment. Just adding the sidebar pic to the frontpage.

Ha a play with the sidebar as well last week - on 5270!

the one on the front page doesn't get bigger when clicked

Fixed :)

http://frogboy.wincustomize.com/photos.aspx?a=17&p=20&view=full

In the background there, was a pretty much working rotating app thing (the name eludes me) was still pretty jagged and I was told it was still being worked on.

But videos were still playing in the bar as well as the taskbar preview, which was awesome, during the switch the videos were also kinda rotated as well which is an awesome effect.

If you haven't tried it yet give WindowsKey+Tab a go, I think that is what will do it.
also some combination of the desktop and the wheel mouse will resize the desktop icons - demonstrated with a very smooth effect.

Last edited:
Those recent pics look sweet .. I am so wanting that .. GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME !!!

If I could keep the "my computer" icon as one of those in that small square it would mean I would never have icons on my desktop...

That would be so cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back