Windows Live Wave 3 Update

According to Neowin it's Build 14.0.8050.1202.

98_messengerabout.png

I had that posted already. At the top :)

This new update integrates the website and msn together quite well. Groups and friends are all the same, anything you do on the site goes back to msn. All kinds of things like that. I am happy with it.

hehe, u've convinced me ;D

im downloading it right now.. lets see how it goes

the signature sign in sounds are gone nooooo =(

Ok, upgraded on mine, and so far so good. I like the new interface :)

well.. after trying it for a day i can say i like it a lot (hope i dont jinx it :p)

the whole interface seems cleaner, and its also more stable
i think it performs a little faster too (the old beta used to have micro stutters sometimes, at least for me)
i also like how they change the sign in alerts

oh, btw.. has anyone tried it on the windows 7 beta? it's supposed to feature its own jumplists

I can't say I like what they have done with the taskbar with this new build in Windows 7, would love the choice for it to go back to XP/Vista style of behaviour.

woah.. u cant do that? :O

I forgot to mention that, the new sign in popups and such, those are looking very good. They haven't changed those in awhile. And even the icons on the taskbar and everything look really good. Quite pleased. And since installing it 3 days ago, I have had it running without crashes. Much smoother then the old beta.

So the previous build of 9 worked as it did on Windows Vista, but the new build behaves differently on Windows 7.

Ok so here it is as it appears. This is how it would look with just the icon in the notification area - but it does not appear there instead appears on the taskbar as if it was open.

attachment.php

Now this is cool and completely off topic, but as it appears on the start menu. I imagine it will eventually list contacts you have spoken to recently or at least be a little more customisable when final.

attachment.php

So when you open up the messenger list you then get two spots taken up on the taskbar.

attachment.php

Hovering over the taskbar, I really need to update that photo as I have infact shaved and had a hair cut \o/

attachment.php

When you right click the window on the taskar you get the same menu as on the start menu

attachment.php

So there we go.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 2.png
    2.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.png
    3.png
    617.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 4.png
    4.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 5.png
    5.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I am confused about your comment on multiple things on the taskbar, if you dont have something like TweakUI or that reg hack that puts the same things into one tab, of course there are different tabs on the taskbar?

*EDIT, just noticed that second taskbar tab is yours, not another person..hmmm ic ic

i wanna see if in win7 they get rig or update all the of win95 icons that are still in some exe's and dll's :p

Well they updated a lot in Vista. That kind of thing will be ongoing thru the release process. I guess if you have anything specific in Vista you want me to take a look at I can.

Well they updated a lot in Vista. That kind of thing will be ongoing thru the release process. I guess if you have anything specific in Vista you want me to take a look at I can.
Does Windows ReadyBoost work the same way? Is Windows 7 noticeably faster when you use ReadyBoost on it or is it just about the same speed as Windows Vista?

I think Readyboot was only ever optimal if you had less than 2 gig of ram and I don't really have anything with less than that around.

I'll see how things going during the beta once it starts tho and then talk about it should I be permitted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back