Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
j79zlr said:
I don't care that it is buggy, but don't you think that those instructions should be on the website where you download the update, instead of me having to search through newsgroups to find the answer?
yes, I believe this is a good idea, and that's why this is a beta and that's why there are news groups, so we can make suggestions like this

kcnychief said:
Beta software isn't supported directly by Microsoft. It says that you will have to check newsgroups for answers - isn't that good enough?

I can hold your hand while you tie your shoes if you want as well ;)

Just kidding :D

Another unpatched IE flaw, coming as no surprise to me, but MS actually suggests users to upgrade to IE7 beta 2.

Microsoft says Windows users should "take care not to visit unfamiliar or untrusted Web sites that could potentially host the malicious code" and that people who want to use IE should either disable "active scripting" or download the IE7 beta2 preview.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/03/attacks_on_internet_explorer_f_1.html

So I would expect software that is recommend by MS to atleast uninstall/install correctly :lick:

madmatt said:
Okay, you don't want MSFEEDS.DLL on your HDD before you install IE7.

You checked TIF/TIFF and both files had full rights? Check GIF and JPG next.

HTM, HTML, HTA, HTT, etc.

ok..you mean .gif and .jpg right? And it didnt work...this sucks balls....

I can tell you this much, it is an association of some sort. All of the sources I have read about this problem say it is TIF or TIFF. I've found others that say HTA and HTT.

Myspace pages are all messed up with ie7 :)

Just realized that.

Sazar said:
Myspace pages are all messed up with ie7 :)

Just realized that.
only if they are done badly (to i.e. 6 standards), all the ones I look at work ok

A lot of Myspace pages are messed in IE, period. For some reason, with some of the designs, they don't show right unless you use firefox, or something of the sort.

Johnny said:
A lot of Myspace pages are messed in IE, period. For some reason, with some of the designs, they don't show right unless you use firefox, or something of the sort.
they are either crap coders so its fubar or good ones and they use standards which ie 6 doesn't like :)

Have any examples of myspace pages f'ed in IE?

Pretty much the same information I came across on an earlier blog posting. Updated slightly so that may help FBD.

Good find Khay.

GM, I've noticed problems with Dell's web site too. Especially the front page.

How to fix a corrupted install. I did a repair and now i.e. 6 or 7 doesn't work. I get the security problem with wininit.dll could not be located. I also could not install the new beta because it says there is still a version that has to be uninstalled first. I did install avant browser and have since done all the critical windows updates with that. I can live without I.E., but I liked the new version 7.

So far, I like it. I think sometimes it starts up a bit slow, but that hardly ever happens.

As was mentioned earlier, it "groups" similar tabs. This really was a bit to get used to, as I would have a few open, open a new one, look to the far right and it would be somewhere else. Once I adjust, which I pretty much have, it's darn cool.

The memory useage isn't that bad as others have hinted, at least I don't notice it at much.

You know what would be cool though, if IE7 used ribbons! :eek:

If someone complains about memory usage then they needs to go buy for memory.

As for grouping similar tabs. It's not really grouping similar tabs. If you click a link from within this page that opens a new tab it is going to put it right after the active tab. It could be a link to the same site or a completely different site.

madmatt said:

As for grouping similar tabs. It's not really grouping similar tabs. If you click a link from within this page that opens a new tab it is going to put it right after the active tab. It could be a link to the same site or a completely different site.
Yeah, default behavour is to open tabs to the right of the current tab, this can be changed in the options. i set mine to open as the last tab

Khayman said:
only if they are done badly (to i.e. 6 standards), all the ones I look at work ok

Yah, I realize that most of them are crap but still, it's annoying :D

Worked fine in IE 6.

madmatt said:

Ah, makes sense. I never really checked into it as I just noticed this morning. I remember someone had posted it and I thought that is how it behaved.Does anyone else notice that ActiveX pop-unders, like the ones that show up the first time when Validating Windows for instance, slide in kind of slow, instead of smooth like normal?

Is it possible to display rss feed in the favorites center dock?

I just want to be able to keep my main display for pages I am on and the news and tech feeds going directly to the dock on the side.

Can't figure out a way to do it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back