• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Window Explorer Backgorund.

Y

yellotang

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I looked around and can't find anyone posting about his. Is there a way to change the background of the windows explorer? Either by making it transparent or by adding color or even adding a picture to it?

If so, how?

yoyo

There are two ways to add a custom background picture to a folder. Easiest way is to use this application:
http://www.clonesoft.com/shellicons/index.htm

The other way is to edit the desktop.ini file. If the folder already has a desktop.ini (hidden file) just add these lines:

[{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}]
Attributes=1
IconArea_Image=C:\YOUR LOCATION\OF\ANY\IMAGE.JPG
IconArea_Text=0x00000000

The last line in the script tells Windows what color the font will be when you read the files in that folder. For instance:

0x00000000 = black,0x00FF0000 = blue,0x0000FF00 = green,0x000000FF = red,0x00C000C0 = purple

If there is no desktop.ini file, the easiest way to create one is to rightclick the folder, choose customise and change the icon. You can change the icon back if you want later, but you now have a desktop.ini file to edit.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
edit desktop.ini within that directory.
these are system files that are hidden by default (not regular hidden files).
open desktop.ini and change the path to the picture you want to use.

yoyo

:D Has some kind of nostalgic feeling for me. Explaining how to edit the desktop.ini file has been my very first post here. :rolleyes:

Y

yellotang

Cool, I tryed the altering of the desktop.ini file. works great. Now to figure out how to make that whole area transparent so that only the icons and fonts show up.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix