Window Explorer Backgorund.

Y

yellotang

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I looked around and can't find anyone posting about his. Is there a way to change the background of the windows explorer? Either by making it transparent or by adding color or even adding a picture to it?

If so, how?

if i understand u correct u can open any msstyle with reshacker and edit the toolbarbackground.bmp in the bitmaps category.

i think he means the background of a folder template. Like a picture of a camera in your my pictures folder

There are two ways to add a custom background picture to a folder. Easiest way is to use this application:
http://www.clonesoft.com/shellicons/index.htm

The other way is to edit the desktop.ini file. If the folder already has a desktop.ini (hidden file) just add these lines:

[{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}]
Attributes=1
IconArea_Image=C:\YOUR LOCATION\OF\ANY\IMAGE.JPG
IconArea_Text=0x00000000

The last line in the script tells Windows what color the font will be when you read the files in that folder. For instance:

0x00000000 = black,0x00FF0000 = blue,0x0000FF00 = green,0x000000FF = red,0x00C000C0 = purple

If there is no desktop.ini file, the easiest way to create one is to rightclick the folder, choose customise and change the icon. You can change the icon back if you want later, but you now have a desktop.ini file to edit.

edit desktop.ini within that directory.
these are system files that are hidden by default (not regular hidden files).
open desktop.ini and change the path to the picture you want to use.

nevermind, yoyo beat me to the punchline.

:D Has some kind of nostalgic feeling for me. Explaining how to edit the desktop.ini file has been my very first post here. :rolleyes:

Cool, I tryed the altering of the desktop.ini file. works great. Now to figure out how to make that whole area transparent so that only the icons and fonts show up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back