Winamp3 update may not work!

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Here's a FYI:
I tried to install the update for Winamp3 as posted on the frontpage, but it won't install. Here's the error message:
By the Winamp3 update program
The file C:\Program Files\Winamp3\wasabi.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded
I posted a message in the Winamp forum and they replied that wasabi.dll was updated from version 488 to version 488b (as found in the latest download @ Winamp) and probably the update counts on the 488 version. In my case it stopped.

I already contacted Fileconnect about this issue.

B

bruce_ers00

GlaanieBoy: a quick note, after updating my current Winamp3 to the current build shortly after clicking the finished button on the installer I was presented with about 30 errors (no joke) all of which were because of a .dll file. I closed Winamp3 and tried to run it again. Instead it continually crashed. To solve the problem I simply uninstalled the old Winamp3 version and reinstalled the new version (clean install). Give it try, hopefully this helps!

NOTE: this doesn't apply to everyone, if your update was successful, ignore! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut