Winamp3 update may not work!

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Here's a FYI:
I tried to install the update for Winamp3 as posted on the frontpage, but it won't install. Here's the error message:
By the Winamp3 update program
The file C:\Program Files\Winamp3\wasabi.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded

I posted a message in the Winamp forum and they replied that wasabi.dll was updated from version 488 to version 488b (as found in the latest download @ Winamp) and probably the update counts on the 488 version. In my case it stopped.

I already contacted Fileconnect about this issue.

I updated my WinAmp3 with out any problems guess i got lucky again.

GlaanieBoy: a quick note, after updating my current Winamp3 to the current build shortly after clicking the finished button on the installer I was presented with about 30 errors (no joke) all of which were because of a .dll file. I closed Winamp3 and tried to run it again. Instead it continually crashed. To solve the problem I simply uninstalled the old Winamp3 version and reinstalled the new version (clean install). Give it try, hopefully this helps!

NOTE: this doesn't apply to everyone, if your update was successful, ignore! :D

this was a componant update.

ALWAYS perform a clean install of the new builds

Damn ... it's slow. I think I'm going to stick to Winamp 2.8 for now. :S

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back