• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Win Update

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
I just checked Windows Update and it was extremely slow both checking system and scanning - but it did finally scan and suggest recommended updates.

I am on cable and it was slow - so if on dialup it may appear to take forever! Hope this info helps!

I did download and install 3 critical updates yesterday with no problems.

BTW- I am on the other side of the Atlantic from you two!;)

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Anybody having trouble with these updates?
I keep getting a message that the updates failed :huh:

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
Thanks all, I thought it was just my computer acting up. I did get a scan, after several lockups, and there were 3 Critical Updates. It downloaded, after several attempts, and then locked up on the installation. There appears to be several errors on the Update Log. I'll try again later.

X

XP Abuser

eveytime there is new updates for windows people rport of problems

i also got the same problems too

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
XP Abuser - I agree with you and I really hate to mention it - but it always appears to be the folks from the Motherland that are having problems.

One wonders if you are on a different download site than us in the US?

<I was going to ask you if it was the fog that was causing it - but I figured I'd get my head bashed in by EvilMarge if I asked - so I won't - heh, heh:D :D >

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I don't know about bashing you on the head damnyank but I still can't install the 3 updates so it'll be the computer getting bashed :huh: :D

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Sorry Evil Marge for the joke - I know it has to be aggravating not being able to get the updates - I was just trying to make the best of a bad situation.:D :D

Hope you have better luck soon!

B

Burpster

happened to me today ...the download of 5 meg takes only secs ...but the install just locks up at about 50%

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I tried again and they failed . I viewed installation history and it turns out I already had 2 installed :confused:
Anyway I am now up to date :p

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I think that my, Cleaners, Ad and Spy Removers, may be my problem. I had been running these programs before trying Win Update. As I posted, the Update Site didn't work right for me. I then downloaded the files from the catalogue site. These downloaded fine, but when I tried to install them I got the message that cryptographic wasn't running, and Win update File could not be found.

I went back to a Ghost CD I had made a few days ago. After that the downloaded files installed fine, and another visit to the Update Site, found, and installed other updates fine!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin