Win Update

Yeah I have for the last few days..Updates keep failing :huh:

I just checked Windows Update and it was extremely slow both checking system and scanning - but it did finally scan and suggest recommended updates.

I am on cable and it was slow - so if on dialup it may appear to take forever! Hope this info helps!

I did download and install 3 critical updates yesterday with no problems.

BTW- I am on the other side of the Atlantic from you two!;)

I've been trying to download 2 critical updates will check again..Bloody thing :huh:

Anybody having trouble with these updates?
I keep getting a message that the updates failed :huh:

Thanks all, I thought it was just my computer acting up. I did get a scan, after several lockups, and there were 3 Critical Updates. It downloaded, after several attempts, and then locked up on the installation. There appears to be several errors on the Update Log. I'll try again later.

eveytime there is new updates for windows people rport of problems

i also got the same problems too

XP Abuser - I agree with you and I really hate to mention it - but it always appears to be the folks from the Motherland that are having problems.

One wonders if you are on a different download site than us in the US?

<I was going to ask you if it was the fog that was causing it - but I figured I'd get my head bashed in by EvilMarge if I asked - so I won't - heh, heh:D :D >

I don't know about bashing you on the head damnyank but I still can't install the 3 updates so it'll be the computer getting bashed :huh: :D

Sorry Evil Marge for the joke - I know it has to be aggravating not being able to get the updates - I was just trying to make the best of a bad situation.:D :D

Hope you have better luck soon!

happened to me today ...the download of 5 meg takes only secs ...but the install just locks up at about 50%

I tried again and they failed . I viewed installation history and it turns out I already had 2 installed :confused:
Anyway I am now up to date :p

I think that my, Cleaners, Ad and Spy Removers, may be my problem. I had been running these programs before trying Win Update. As I posted, the Update Site didn't work right for me. I then downloaded the files from the catalogue site. These downloaded fine, but when I tried to install them I got the message that cryptographic wasn't running, and Win update File could not be found.

I went back to a Ghost CD I had made a few days ago. After that the downloaded files installed fine, and another visit to the Update Site, found, and installed other updates fine!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back