• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

why this authentication prompt?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Yeah, I am getting it like crazy too. If you notice, his signature is broken. I have a feeling it's something to do with the site trying to pull his sig off his server.

Damn you AM, stop breaking the site :p

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Yup, it is.

And, the prompt only loads on a page that has a post by him on it, I am pretty sure anyways...

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
His server is back online, and his sig works as well. I'd say the hiccup has passed, and this thread could probably be locked.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I vote we have Admiral Michael open a public apology thread - trhis is almost as amusing to me (not AM of course!) as the one about registry cleaners recently - but in a totally different and thank God more friendly way! Least I hoep y'all are joshing about some of those suggestions?

Damn - if that was me I would feel kinda like soooo... sooooo,... * s p a c e h e r e f o r A M t o co m p l e t e s e n t e n c e *

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Ya, I managed to screw something up in my server. I was trying to set NTFS permissions and all sites decided that anonymous access wasnt good enough. It was a IIS problem as any new site created had the problem. I thought about the signature and came here and it didn't popup, altho now that I think bout it, it may have been cause I logged in previously and it cached my login. :nervous:

Let's just say I had to format to fix it since I couldm't figure out the stupid problem.

Sorry!

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Ya I didn't want to but I was getting too fustrated. Had everything config'd in under an hour.

It was weird, the sites were enabled for Anonymous access yet they were being treated as a restricted area. I also had a problem of getting PHP and mySQL to talk, so I had to go back to PHP4, probably cause I use an older version of mySQL due to some problems getting a few older databases to work.

Came today to browse and saw this thread title and said un oh!

muzikool said:
Unless it happens again...

The sig probably shouldn't be in a password protected folder.
It wasn't, all sites went into a "denial of anonymous users" stage. I know not to put stuff in a password protected folder. :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies