why this authentication prompt?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
This is popping up when I visit this thread.

It has something to do with Admiral Michael, but I don't know why it's popping up.

Attachments

• authenticate.JPG
    authenticate.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 99
Yeah, I am getting it like crazy too. If you notice, his signature is broken. I have a feeling it's something to do with the site trying to pull his sig off his server.

Damn you AM, stop breaking the site :p

I didn't notice his sig was offline.

*goes to look*

EDIT: Looks fine to me, but the prompt is also gone.

Yup, it is.

And, the prompt only loads on a page that has a post by him on it, I am pretty sure anyways...

Well it's definitely him -- he is the "Michaelsoft Systems CEO."

If he can't fix it, I say we delete all his posts so the rest of us don't have to suffer :p

just kiddin ;)

Eventhough his sig is still offline, it doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

EDIT: nvm, it still is :s

His server is back online, and his sig works as well. I'd say the hiccup has passed, and this thread could probably be locked.

Unless it happens again...

The sig probably shouldn't be in a password protected folder.

I vote we have Admiral Michael open a public apology thread - trhis is almost as amusing to me (not AM of course!) as the one about registry cleaners recently - but in a totally different and thank God more friendly way! Least I hoep y'all are joshing about some of those suggestions?

Damn - if that was me I would feel kinda like soooo... sooooo,... * s p a c e h e r e f o r A M t o co m p l e t e s e n t e n c e *

Ya, I managed to screw something up in my server. I was trying to set NTFS permissions and all sites decided that anonymous access wasnt good enough. It was a IIS problem as any new site created had the problem. I thought about the signature and came here and it didn't popup, altho now that I think bout it, it may have been cause I logged in previously and it cached my login. :nervous:

Let's just say I had to format to fix it since I couldm't figure out the stupid problem.

Sorry!

Ouch, a format :(

Glad everything got worked out though, the natives were getting wrestless :ninja:

Ya I didn't want to but I was getting too fustrated. Had everything config'd in under an hour.

It was weird, the sites were enabled for Anonymous access yet they were being treated as a restricted area. I also had a problem of getting PHP and mySQL to talk, so I had to go back to PHP4, probably cause I use an older version of mySQL due to some problems getting a few older databases to work.

Came today to browse and saw this thread title and said un oh!

muzikool said:
Unless it happens again...

The sig probably shouldn't be in a password protected folder.

It wasn't, all sites went into a "denial of anonymous users" stage. I know not to put stuff in a password protected folder. :p

Last edited:
No big deal Michael, we were just giving you a hard time. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back