• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who Wants To Delete Some Fonts?

N

NotBold_Fortune

I put a lot of hard work and effort into this. Not to mention a few re-installs with my trials and errors. But for those of you who really want to rid yourself of unnecessary fonts, here you go.

What I did with my fonts was delete all the "Bold", "Italic" and
"Bold and Italic"...and all the WST_Language fonts. But be sure there is an original of that style; i.e., don't delete Arial Italic if there isn't an Arial font there.

Then I ran a search and deleted all the hidden .fon extentions (you can't see these in your Fonts folder, only with Search Assistant)...but it's very important that you keep these ones listed below...especially the vga fonts because your system won't restart without them:

cga40woa.fon
cga80woa.fon
coure.fon
dosapp.fon
ega40woa.fon
ega80woa.fon
modern.fon
roman.fon
script.fon
serife.fon
smalle.fon
sserife.fon
symbole.fon
vgafix.fon
vgaoem.fon
vgasys.fon

That should eliminate about a bazillion or so fonts for you.

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
ok, before I try this bold, and I'm not joking, so don't think I'm being facetous;

have you noticed a performance benefit from deleting fonts?...O've heard that it's true, so let me know, if so, I'll try this...thamnx

N

NotBold_Fortune

Wow! Have I ever!! (kidding).

dealer, first off, you have to understanding the thinking behind a guy like me who deletes files...and then explain it to my wife.

It's something to do is all. Performance improvement has nothing to do with it.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
well supposedly on bootup, windows loads/scans through the fonts folder so the less fonts you have the faster the boot time...or so I've heard/read somewhere

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Installing more fonts definately slows a computer down i installed over 2000 Fonts and the performance of the box was pathetic, after simply un-installing them performance was normal again.

2z

OSNN Gamer
<<<<< used to do this a long time ago

when 32meg of ram was considered excessive

now it seems pointless with todays hardware

maybe a couple of seconds in boot time is the best you can expect with this tweak

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies