Who Wants To Delete Some Fonts?

• Thread starter NotBold_Fortune
  • Start date
N

NotBold_Fortune

I put a lot of hard work and effort into this. Not to mention a few re-installs with my trials and errors. But for those of you who really want to rid yourself of unnecessary fonts, here you go.

What I did with my fonts was delete all the "Bold", "Italic" and
"Bold and Italic"...and all the WST_Language fonts. But be sure there is an original of that style; i.e., don't delete Arial Italic if there isn't an Arial font there.

Then I ran a search and deleted all the hidden .fon extentions (you can't see these in your Fonts folder, only with Search Assistant)...but it's very important that you keep these ones listed below...especially the vga fonts because your system won't restart without them:

cga40woa.fon
cga80woa.fon
coure.fon
dosapp.fon
ega40woa.fon
ega80woa.fon
modern.fon
roman.fon
script.fon
serife.fon
smalle.fon
sserife.fon
symbole.fon
vgafix.fon
vgaoem.fon
vgasys.fon

That should eliminate about a bazillion or so fonts for you.

ok, before I try this bold, and I'm not joking, so don't think I'm being facetous;

have you noticed a performance benefit from deleting fonts?...O've heard that it's true, so let me know, if so, I'll try this...thamnx

Hrm, it's not like fonts take up that much space.
Why would you want rid of them ?

Wow! Have I ever!! (kidding).

dealer, first off, you have to understanding the thinking behind a guy like me who deletes files...and then explain it to my wife.

It's something to do is all. Performance improvement has nothing to do with it.

well supposedly on bootup, windows loads/scans through the fonts folder so the less fonts you have the faster the boot time...or so I've heard/read somewhere

Installing more fonts definately slows a computer down i installed over 2000 Fonts and the performance of the box was pathetic, after simply un-installing them performance was normal again.

<<<<< used to do this a long time ago

when 32meg of ram was considered excessive

now it seems pointless with todays hardware

maybe a couple of seconds in boot time is the best you can expect with this tweak

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back