• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which is better for perfromance?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
the default settings are sufficient... adjustments are unlikely to yield any improvements to your performance unless you look specifically at synthetic benches and even then the numbers should not really differ...

'Programs' works best for most workstations. The 'System Cache' option is intended to be used on server machines, or for special applications that need the large system cache.

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
Mine is set to System Cache and I didn't change it. I did do some registry tweaks before, but I don't remember if it changed that setting. I think it was to keep the kernel in memory or something like that.

The default setting is 'Programs'
As you guessed, one of the tweaks you applied earlier would have changed it. I really doubt you'd see any significant change in performance either way.

ming

OSNN Advanced
You're better off by turning off all the lunar theme and other winxp visual enhancements if you want faster processing.

ming

OSNN Advanced
leedogg said:
create a ram drive and put your temp internet folder in there.
Pff.. I'd rather securely erase every trace of the internet usage on my machine. I don't allow more than 10mb of temp files on my machine and all of them get erased once a day. History list and cookies get deleted every time I close my browser. :)

ming said:
Pff.. I'd rather securely erase every trace of the internet usage on my machine. I don't allow more than 10mb of temp files on my machine and all of them get erased once a day. History list and cookies get deleted every time I close my browser. :)
Wow, paranoia.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
ming said:
Ram drives get wiped on every reboot. Place the temp file there speeds up image/site downloads significantly. Reloading a page happens instantly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar