When starting win2000 internet problem

A

AnD

I have a problem with windows 2000, if I start win 2000, I don't have an internet connection.

Both networkcards are not working because there is a failure. I have to instal the drivers from the NIC's every time I start Windows 2000 and then I can connect with the net.

What can I do to solve this problem?

D

dotbatman

1. open system properties by hitting the windows key and pause-break key, or go to control panel and open "system". select the hardware tab, and then click the "device manager" button. you should see your network cards in the list. is there a yellow exclamation mark? if so, then it is your network card drivers for sure. go to the manufacturers web site and get the latest drivers.

2. some questions: how old is your system, ie. when was windows 2000 installed, and are the network cards new? when did this problem start? did you change anything recently?

cheers!

A

AnD

it works it was a program that I had installed and it did something with my network cards.

But TNX

R

relder

If you installed software that messed with your network cards, you might try uninstalling the software.

Taking Dotbatman's advice a step further. Once in Device Manager, click on View, show hidden devices. Uninstall ALL of your network cards under network adapters. Uninstall any ethernet controllers, if any, under other devices.

Then scan for hardware changes and it will detect and put the cards back in. Make sure you use the updated manufacturer's drivers when you do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordov130