When starting win2000 internet problem

A

AnD

I have a problem with windows 2000, if I start win 2000, I don't have an internet connection.

Both networkcards are not working because there is a failure. I have to instal the drivers from the NIC's every time I start Windows 2000 and then I can connect with the net.

What can I do to solve this problem?

1. open system properties by hitting the windows key and pause-break key, or go to control panel and open "system". select the hardware tab, and then click the "device manager" button. you should see your network cards in the list. is there a yellow exclamation mark? if so, then it is your network card drivers for sure. go to the manufacturers web site and get the latest drivers.

2. some questions: how old is your system, ie. when was windows 2000 installed, and are the network cards new? when did this problem start? did you change anything recently?

cheers!

it works it was a program that I had installed and it did something with my network cards.

But TNX

If you installed software that messed with your network cards, you might try uninstalling the software.

Taking Dotbatman's advice a step further. Once in Device Manager, click on View, show hidden devices. Uninstall ALL of your network cards under network adapters. Uninstall any ethernet controllers, if any, under other devices.

Then scan for hardware changes and it will detect and put the cards back in. Make sure you use the updated manufacturer's drivers when you do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back