What's your favourite recovery software?

2nd Acronis True Image. I haven't tried Ghost since v9 but from what I've read I'd still be happier overall with Acronis True Image.

Can you still make images with Ghost off the bootable CD? Last time I tried it, which I think was v9, you had to install it on the computer to make images. You could only do a few things like restore from an image off the boot cd.

After the move to Vista and 7 all I need for backup purposes is built into the OS. If you have ultimate that is.

This is true. Altho I still prefer a third-party solution the odd time. I am still on XP so I can't use that. I also prefer something I don't have to install.

dd (free and open source) - for broken drives ddrescue (also free and also open source)

I still tend to use PowerQuest Drive Image 7 for most XP imaging. Too bad Symantec had to buy it and essentially replace the internals of Ghost with DI7. I was never quite the same.

I had a bad experience with Acronis (I think it was version 8) so I have avoided it, but I'd like to know what most people are using for Vista and win7 now.

Back then, Drive Image was what I preferred, too. I wasn't aware of Acronis yet. I've been using RAID 0 since 2005 so Drive Image would be out of the question for me; also I don't know if Drive Image would handle today's drive sizes.

Out of curiosity, do you know what it's drive size limits are?

Acronis definitely has quirks, but although I haven't experimented that much nor tried Ghost again since v9, overall I still like Acronis best.

I've been trying the relatively new Acronis Backup and Recovery Workstation for the past week. I like it so far. They FINALLY got away from the annoying (to me) wizard interface where you have to go through every page clicking Next just to get to the page you want to change something on (the comment, for example).

Also there's no more analyzing your drives when it starts up causing such a delay at least with all my partitions and drives.

I haven't tried the brand new Acronis True Image 2010 yet. Anyone else?

Acronis ... But I also agree that vista and seven have pretty good built in back up functions ...

Get $69.95 Windows 7 data recovery software for free!

Hi guys,

I found a data recovery software for beta (free), which compatible with latest Windows 7, it can recover files even if you deleted the files from Recycle Bin, formatted the partition, the partition lost, partition became RAW, partition cannot be accessed, etc. I have tried it, works like a charm. It ends at Feb 2010, download it quickly from http://www.easeus-software.com/drw-beta/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back