What's A Good Download Acelerator To Download Webpages??

V

veronica

Like those ISP's with Download Acelerators built into them?? Thank you.

There's no such thing as a download accelerator.

How do you mean download a web-page? Usually file->save will do that for you..

There is no such thing as a download accelerator, if anything, it slows you down cause it is constantly downloading every link on a page.

SPeedY_B said:
There's no such thing as a download accelerator.

How do you mean download a web-page? Usually file->save will do that for you..
Download Acelerater = Download Manager. A relative said the ISP's that say they are 5 x faster due to having a download acelerater are indeed faster at surfing the internet. He said they get the pages faster. Thanks for replying. Bump for more info.

AFAIK, Some of that 5x is from a combination of a download manager and a large cache so that pages are stored locally rather than being downloaded each time a page is visited.

dreamliner77 said:
AFAIK, Some of that 5x is from a combination of a download manager and a large cache so that pages are stored locally rather than being downloaded each time a page is visited.
Why not just get a Download Manager and pay less for an ISP??

What does AFAIK mean??

Thank you for the replies. Bump for more info.

ISP Acceleration vs Download Manager

the ISP style web acceleration(AOL/Earthlink) basically compresses images further than normal for the file type. smaller images = faster loads on browsers, images are the largest parts of most webpages.

a download manager will allow you to download large-ish files faster .... IF your download speed is faster than the upload speed of the server from which you are trying to retrieve that file. also, that server has to allow multiple connections from the same ip, as that's what most download managers that speed the download do, they establish about 8-20 threads to the file server and segment the file.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back