What's A Good Download Acelerator To Download Webpages??

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
There's no such thing as a download accelerator.

How do you mean download a web-page? Usually file->save will do that for you..

toretto

Mentally Absent
There is no such thing as a download accelerator, if anything, it slows you down cause it is constantly downloading every link on a page.

V

veronica

SPeedY_B said:
There's no such thing as a download accelerator.

How do you mean download a web-page? Usually file->save will do that for you..
Download Acelerater = Download Manager. A relative said the ISP's that say they are 5 x faster due to having a download acelerater are indeed faster at surfing the internet. He said they get the pages faster. Thanks for replying. Bump for more info.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
AFAIK, Some of that 5x is from a combination of a download manager and a large cache so that pages are stored locally rather than being downloaded each time a page is visited.

V

veronica

dreamliner77 said:
AFAIK, Some of that 5x is from a combination of a download manager and a large cache so that pages are stored locally rather than being downloaded each time a page is visited.
Why not just get a Download Manager and pay less for an ISP??

What does AFAIK mean??

Thank you for the replies. Bump for more info.

Ded Morozh

I don't DISlike you...
ISP Acceleration vs Download Manager

the ISP style web acceleration(AOL/Earthlink) basically compresses images further than normal for the file type. smaller images = faster loads on browsers, images are the largest parts of most webpages.

a download manager will allow you to download large-ish files faster .... IF your download speed is faster than the upload speed of the server from which you are trying to retrieve that file. also, that server has to allow multiple connections from the same ip, as that's what most download managers that speed the download do, they establish about 8-20 threads to the file server and segment the file.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut