• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What to upgrade Vid Card or RAM?

Currently I have 256 RAM and a NVidia GForce 2 MX400 - 64MB Video card.

To improve game performance should I increase RAM to 512 or get a 128MB Vid Card, if I can't do both.

thanks

What to upgrade, Vid Card or Ram

To improve game performance should I increase RAM to 512 or get a 128MB Vid Card, if I can't do both.

thanks

B

Burpster

you only need to post questions in one forum bro!! probably would have been best in hardware

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
If you could in any way do both... do it.

But your best bet is to upgrade the VID Card.

Games will still be CPU intensive but with a current (new generation) VID Card it will deffinately help quite a bit.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Originally posted by Engineer

thanks
For future refference...

Please post your question in ONE thread only...

Multiple thread posts with the same question will be merged. As obviously this one has.

Thank You... :cool:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast still in progress. :happy:

Well, you see, in order to run games smoothly, I believe that you need a lot of video card RAM, and a lot of system RAM.

I suppose getting something like a 9700, or Nvidia 4600, 4400 128MB cards will give you one hell of a kick in graphics performance, but, while running a game, you will need to insure that you have a very limited amount of programs running in the background, the less the better, otherwise, you're going to experience slowdown, and more.

If you're willing, go with a newer graphics card. However, it would be much better, to go with both.

O

OTE

I'd go for more RAM mate. I have a 8500 not latest but certainly not a shaby card, anyway when playing stuff like UT2003 and more graphic intensive games i wish i had more RAM, an extra 256 RAM would make a heck of a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge