What to upgrade Vid Card or RAM?

Engineer

OSNN Addict
Currently I have 256 RAM and a NVidia GForce 2 MX400 - 64MB Video card.

To improve game performance should I increase RAM to 512 or get a 128MB Vid Card, if I can't do both.

thanks

What to upgrade, Vid Card or Ram

To improve game performance should I increase RAM to 512 or get a 128MB Vid Card, if I can't do both.

thanks

both if you can ..if not Video card would give you the most bang i think

you only need to post questions in one forum bro!! probably would have been best in hardware

If you could in any way do both... do it.

But your best bet is to upgrade the VID Card.

Games will still be CPU intensive but with a current (new generation) VID Card it will deffinately help quite a bit.

I'm biased towards more RAM

... but for a gaming machine, I would say the graphics card is a better upgrade. :)

No powers in here :huh:
An S-mod or "Gaming" mod will delete/merge this thread.

Originally posted by Engineer

thanks

For future refference...

Please post your question in ONE thread only...

Multiple thread posts with the same question will be merged. As obviously this one has.

Thank You... :cool:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast still in progress. :happy:

And will now bw moved to "HARDWARE". :cool:

Well, you see, in order to run games smoothly, I believe that you need a lot of video card RAM, and a lot of system RAM.

I suppose getting something like a 9700, or Nvidia 4600, 4400 128MB cards will give you one hell of a kick in graphics performance, but, while running a game, you will need to insure that you have a very limited amount of programs running in the background, the less the better, otherwise, you're going to experience slowdown, and more.

If you're willing, go with a newer graphics card. However, it would be much better, to go with both.

I'd go for more RAM mate. I have a 8500 not latest but certainly not a shaby card, anyway when playing stuff like UT2003 and more graphic intensive games i wish i had more RAM, an extra 256 RAM would make a heck of a difference.

if you do heavy gaming and stuff then the video card. if you do 2d, graphics, run alot of apps etc etc then the ram will be more useful

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back