• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What should I get?

Which car should i get?

• Mini Cooper S

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Volvo s40

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Ok, im ready to sell my car and get something new to me but used. So let me know what you think

Mini Cooper s

Or

Volvo s40

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I think the new Minis are quite over-priced for what you get - that Volvo is one lovely vehicle though, that's definitely what I'd choose!

epk

Political User
the mini is more stilysh, the volvo is probably a better deal and they're well made

whats more important to you?

edit: oh, i didn't see the poll had an "other" option

if you can get an audi cheap, that would be a good buy

and if you lived in the uk i'd recommend a ginetta... those cars rock

Last edited:
Take into consideration how well each will perform in an accident. Which one is more likely to pulp you if you get hit by another vehicle?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Here is my story

....I was going to get a truck, a used tacoma pre runner v6 4 door, but gas is a bitch, its like $3.50 where im at. So i said, i can stick with a car. Right now i drive a focus zx3, and i hate it, i bought it new and owe like 2k so its time to ditch it. Im going used hands down. Ill spend up to $15k so my payemts are like 250, i can afford more than that, but i dont want to put myself in debt. FYI- if you have over a $350 car payment, yuor are most likely to get your self in debt- My parents own a mortage company and see all the "mistakes" people get into withou knowing! So my Gf has a 03 s60, its ok, in 2 years she has had 3 transmissions...yuk.

The mini is a bmw, but i have had read great reviews and they ger good mpg...

The volvo is ford ( :cry: ) but the s40 is slick, kinda boarderline professional..i just dont know.

Please feel free to mention other cars and if you do post a pic!

edit:

epk My buddies brother has an audi, he doesnt like it much, he says mechanical problems, but i guess that just 1 out of thousands with issues, plus vw and audi are realiable right?

Volvo is a safer car than the mini :)

It's better all around unless you need a small car.

You americans have no sense of European cars it seems :p

Aprox

Political User
Here is my story

....I was going to get a truck, a used tacoma pre runner v6 4 door, but gas is a bitch, its like $3.50 where im at. So i said, i can stick with a car. Right now i drive a focus zx3, and i hate it, i bought it new and owe like 2k so its time to ditch it. Im going used hands down. Ill spend up to $15k so my payemts are like 250, i can afford more than that, but i dont want to put myself in debt. FYI- if you have over a $350 car payment, yuor are most likely to get your self in debt- My parents own a mortage company and see all the "mistakes" people get into withou knowing! So my Gf has a 03 s60, its ok, in 2 years she has had 3 transmissions...yuk.

The mini is a bmw, but i have had read great reviews and they ger good mpg...

The volvo is ford ( :cry: ) but the s40 is slick, kinda boarderline professional..i just dont know.

Please feel free to mention other cars and if you do post a pic!

edit:

epk My buddies brother has an audi, he doesnt like it much, he says mechanical problems, but i guess that just 1 out of thousands with issues, plus vw and audi are realiable right?
You just described pretty much the exact truck I will be getting here pretty soon. Except that I'm getting the cab and a half, not crew cab. Looking to spend the same money too. The gas mileage is anywhere from 22 - 25MPG, which is better than my current 92 Toyota (~20)

A friend of mine has a 96 Audi, and its nothing but trouble. That thing has been in and out of the shop for the last year. He has dumped thousands into that piece of crap. Sure they look good, but stay away! Not worth the hassle.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
When was the last time anyone here saw a mini in an accident?

They are too cute to be in accidents. No one wants to drive into a mini, it's too precious.

A volvo on the other hand, heck I ram into every Volvo I see on the road. I hate Ford. Except maybe the GT :cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar