Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Ok, im ready to sell my car and get something new to me but used. So let me know what you think

Mini Cooper s

1683654_3.jpg

Or

Volvo s40

1685752_1.jpg

Ok, im ready to sell my car and get something new to me but used. So let me know what you think

Mini Cooper s

1683654_3.jpg

Or

Volvo s40
I would get the mini...way cool car, very practical and ugly in a good way, so ugly it turns heads.

get the ragtop though

Altho I know nothing about the specs of either car, just based on looks...it would have to be the mini.

Mini Cooper S sounds like a fun care to get. If I was going to get a sedan, I would look at some BMWs or an Audi S4.

I think the new Minis are quite over-priced for what you get - that Volvo is one lovely vehicle though, that's definitely what I'd choose!

the mini is more stilysh, the volvo is probably a better deal and they're well made

whats more important to you?

edit: oh, i didn't see the poll had an "other" option

if you can get an audi cheap, that would be a good buy

and if you lived in the uk i'd recommend a ginetta... those cars rock

Last edited:
I hate cars but I go with Mini cause my dad had one when I was a kid :up: :laugh:

Are you set on only these 2 cars?. what is the price range?.

I think Saz just recommended the Volvo...

Take into consideration how well each will perform in an accident. Which one is more likely to pulp you if you get hit by another vehicle?

Here is my story

....I was going to get a truck, a used tacoma pre runner v6 4 door, but gas is a bitch, its like $3.50 where im at. So i said, i can stick with a car. Right now i drive a focus zx3, and i hate it, i bought it new and owe like 2k so its time to ditch it. Im going used hands down. Ill spend up to $15k so my payemts are like 250, i can afford more than that, but i dont want to put myself in debt. FYI- if you have over a $350 car payment, yuor are most likely to get your self in debt- My parents own a mortage company and see all the "mistakes" people get into withou knowing! So my Gf has a 03 s60, its ok, in 2 years she has had 3 transmissions...yuk.

The mini is a bmw, but i have had read great reviews and they ger good mpg...

The volvo is ford ( :cry: ) but the s40 is slick, kinda boarderline professional..i just dont know.

Please feel free to mention other cars and if you do post a pic!

edit:

epk My buddies brother has an audi, he doesnt like it much, he says mechanical problems, but i guess that just 1 out of thousands with issues, plus vw and audi are realiable right?

Volvo is a safer car than the mini :)

It's better all around unless you need a small car.

You americans have no sense of European cars it seems :p

Here is my story

....I was going to get a truck, a used tacoma pre runner v6 4 door, but gas is a bitch, its like $3.50 where im at. So i said, i can stick with a car. Right now i drive a focus zx3, and i hate it, i bought it new and owe like 2k so its time to ditch it. Im going used hands down. Ill spend up to $15k so my payemts are like 250, i can afford more than that, but i dont want to put myself in debt. FYI- if you have over a $350 car payment, yuor are most likely to get your self in debt- My parents own a mortage company and see all the "mistakes" people get into withou knowing! So my Gf has a 03 s60, its ok, in 2 years she has had 3 transmissions...yuk.

The mini is a bmw, but i have had read great reviews and they ger good mpg...

The volvo is ford ( :cry: ) but the s40 is slick, kinda boarderline professional..i just dont know.

Please feel free to mention other cars and if you do post a pic!

edit:

epk My buddies brother has an audi, he doesnt like it much, he says mechanical problems, but i guess that just 1 out of thousands with issues, plus vw and audi are realiable right?

You just described pretty much the exact truck I will be getting here pretty soon. Except that I'm getting the cab and a half, not crew cab. Looking to spend the same money too. The gas mileage is anywhere from 22 - 25MPG, which is better than my current 92 Toyota (~20)

A friend of mine has a 96 Audi, and its nothing but trouble. That thing has been in and out of the shop for the last year. He has dumped thousands into that piece of crap. Sure they look good, but stay away! Not worth the hassle.

yea those tacomas are nice, good mpg too, at least the 4 not the 6...but i do like the mini...something about it...

i've never heard of major problems with audis... stay away of peugeots though :p

When was the last time anyone here saw a mini in an accident?

They are too cute to be in accidents. No one wants to drive into a mini, it's too precious.

A volvo on the other hand, heck I ram into every Volvo I see on the road. I hate Ford. Except maybe the GT :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back