• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What happened to my Window XP Pro logo?

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
hi. i had just reinstalled my XP Pro. and after reinstalling some of my softwares i just noticed that when booting up the word "Proffesional" is gone under the Windows Logo. it used to be Windows Logo, under it is the word "Proffesional" and under that is the bar the moves from left to right before you see your logon usernames. What happened? :(

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
If you really miss it then you can customize the boot screen with the original one... or anything you want for that matter. At one point I had my bootscreen set as Windows 3.1. :)

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
i thought there is somthing wrong with my pc. now it's my second time to reformat and install everything because it does not want to open and it freezes at the logon username and reboots itself. tried to system restore all points possible but no chance. :(

xtweaker

Tweaking Monkey
Yeah, that's SP2... they took it off. If you want to see the version of Windows on your desktop though, you can use TweakUI for Windows XP, there's an option to show Windows Version on desktop in there.

To have it back on the startup screen however, you'll need to edit your kernel file with a theme editor. See www.themexp.org for that I believe they have the tutorials there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage