What happened to my Window XP Pro logo?

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
hi. i had just reinstalled my XP Pro. and after reinstalling some of my softwares i just noticed that when booting up the word "Proffesional" is gone under the Windows Logo. it used to be Windows Logo, under it is the word "Proffesional" and under that is the bar the moves from left to right before you see your logon usernames. What happened? :(

It happens when you install service pack 2 :p

It's ok...you'll survive. :p
As zeke_mo said, it's just SP2.

and i dont know if you noticed that at the bottom left it doesn't say 1995-2001 anymore

If you really miss it then you can customize the boot screen with the original one... or anything you want for that matter. At one point I had my bootscreen set as Windows 3.1. :)

i thought there is somthing wrong with my pc. now it's my second time to reformat and install everything because it does not want to open and it freezes at the logon username and reboots itself. tried to system restore all points possible but no chance. :(

Yeah, that's SP2... they took it off. If you want to see the version of Windows on your desktop though, you can use TweakUI for Windows XP, there's an option to show Windows Version on desktop in there.

To have it back on the startup screen however, you'll need to edit your kernel file with a theme editor. See www.themexp.org for that I believe they have the tutorials there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back